Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chipping Glaze

Options
OK, so the warranty on these are great. I've had my lid replaced twice(glaze has flaked off).
I've had the fire ring replaced(it cracked)
Firebox replaced, cracked.

I just inspected my eggs this week:
Bottom of my large is now cracked ?! and the glaze if flaking off my small big green egg.

What gives? Even just paying shipping this is getting pricy. Anyone else have issues with this sort of cracking and flaking? My eggs are both on my deck, well away from trees, nothing can fall on them that I can see to cause this. They are both in a table, so they should be fairly protected. 

Sigh. I am in the north east and grill all year round. But I thought that was well within operating procedures. 

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    edited April 2014
    Options
    im in the north east, just north of boston, have yet to pay shipping. so far two bases,2 fireboxes and one ring and a hinge assembly. ive never seen a small chip as bad as mine
    :)) why are you paying shipping, it has taken a month to get parts but ive never had to pay shipping
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • johann
    johann Posts: 111
    Options
    That's how they said the warrenty worked! If I didn't have to pay for shipping I wouldn't be grumbling about this. I need to have a talk with my dealer. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i would find another dealer. i have a few chips on domes that i dont care about but the big problems always get repaired, if you can find out the distributer in your area, they may be able to set you up with a high volume dealer that will get your parts with their next shipment, even if it takes a while you can usually cook on the defective parts
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    here is the chip on my small
    :D its still working
    :)) replacement is in house

fukahwee maine

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Holy $hit!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • johann
    johann Posts: 111
    Options
    That's quite the chip. Holy cow!

Not sure what other dealers are in my area. I shoudl talk to BGE corporate and see who they woudl reccomend.