Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats your showcase meal form the egg

Options
13»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Standing rib roast. To me this is the one cut of meat that the ceramic kamados really strut there stuff. I have cooked them on every type cooker you can think of and the kamados have no equal at producing a perfect standing rib roast. Of course this is just my opinion and taste.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Scored a leaner on this epic run.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    My best crowd pleaser so far is Fajitas marinated in a jalapeno lime brine. You know most people will say nice things if you cook for them, sometimes you wonder if it was really good, or maybe they are just being polite. I made fajitas a couple of times for my neighborhood block party, and all the women were hugging on me afterward and bragging on my cooking!   :\">
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    Ribs, chicken, anything on a plank, and prime rib are my go-to guest meals.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • MrMista
    MrMista Posts: 33
    Options
    My showcase meal is paella. Beers around the Egg as it is being prepared. The presentation is super impressive. 
    Could you post the recipe for that? It looks amazing.
  • canman
    canman Posts: 52
    Options
    Pork Butt is always a crowd pleaser. But if I have the time, Brisket!
    Tullahoma, Tennessee.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I think it is all pretty amazing from burger, pork chops, steak (even well done), ribs, pizza........

Gerhard
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    Maybe not showcase, but dinner last night was mighty good: chicken cordon bleu (frozen chicken things from Sam's) and baked potatoes. The smoky flavor that the BGE imparts is awfully good. Please don't laugh me out of the forum.
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    Options
    Hey there's nothing wrong with "frozen chicken things"...
    =))
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Last night it was Poblanos Relleno indirect at 300F with grilled grouper at 500F direct. It changes with the wind!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    itsmce said:
    Maybe not showcase, but dinner last night was mighty good: chicken cordon bleu (frozen chicken things from Sam's) and baked potatoes. The smoky flavor that the BGE imparts is awfully good. Please don't laugh me out of the forum.
    That is a dirty secret of mine as well...we get the barber foods nonbreaded stuffed chickens.  They actually turn out pretty good on the egg! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Stuffed pork tenderloin!! And all types of apps.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......