Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Basques lump at Costco

Options
2»

Comments

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    thanks
    Toronto
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Actually it was $13.50 last year.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    I've been buying one bag a week for the last month at Costco for 12.99 (Kitchener) - Did the same last year (was 11.99) and stocked up for the off season, was down to the last bag and they started selling again!  

Some of the bags are pretty beaten up with cut bags (not sure what goes on in the after hours, or maybe customers taking a peak) but a turn up/down with no rattling gets me a good bag.

Now the price of meat at this Costco has gone up and the quality down lately, but that is another story.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I guess its time to stalk up on beef ?
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Just spoke with Luis. He's asking 12.20/bag. No discount for a bulk purchase as he is basically selling it for close to cost. I think I only paid 12/bag back in December but will have to look at the invoice when I get home this evening.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Just spoke with Luis. He's asking 12.20/bag. No discount for a bulk purchase as he is basically selling it for close to cost. I think I only paid 12/bag back in December but will have to look at the invoice when I get home this evening.
    John, you paid $12.20 last time, no need to search for invoice ;)
    canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Thanks Gary. I could not remember for sure. And, I think I remember seeing it for 12.99 at Costco s few weeks ago (up in Newmarket). It just pisses me off that they stop selling it in the fall so, I'll keep buying it from Confira.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I would love to jump on this ,
    Is there a minimum to purchase ?

Also the Basques is 12.99 at costco ( not sure if this was discussed , but i was just there )
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Give Luis a call... he'll sell you as many bags as you want for 12.20 (+hst). 

Given that there is no discount on volume not sure it makes much sense to arrange a group buy.
    Options
    Awesome thanks

Toronto
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    I hate threads like this, ( no offence LS) I wish I could get something other than RO here. Just makes me mad that I cant get different products here.
    Weird that they stop at the Ontario border eh?
    $12.99 a bag at costco down here in St Catharines.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The Costco in Alpharetta, Ga had no lump at all. 

I did pick up a couple 17.6 bags of RO for $10.54ea. at the Restaurant Depot and a 16.5lb Prime Rib  for Easter.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    Just be glad you guys live out in Ontario. The prices only get worse the further west you go. The Alberta lump and beef prices make Ontario look cheap.
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

OK. Hell we may be able to get Henapple to drive it all around the USA for a small commission.

I'm in if you can get @henapple a contract up there.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

I needed to go to Costco yesterday and of course there was nothing.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    hondabbq said:

I needed to go to Costco yesterday and of course there was nothing.

Go east, young man!
    canuckland
  • ReldtiCDN
    ReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Saw it at costco last week in Brampton and Miss. Still have a couple bags left in the shed from last year when the had a $1 off and left with 20 bags, used up my member bonus check on it.
    Brampton, Ontario