Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

America's Ten Best Cities for BBQ

2»

Comments

• ElCapitanElCapitan Posts: 154
    I'm not sure there is another subject that would have more passion than "best BBQ!"  As a reference, Art Briles, Head Coach of Baylor's football team was interviewed by a sports site and had this exchange.  Picking the best in Texas?  Well, them might be fight'in words!

SH: Does Texas have the best barbecue in the nation?

AB: Everyone's wondering who's gonna be No. 2.

SH: And brisket is the king of barbecues?

AB: I'm a little biased, but yessir.

SH: And your favorite place?

AB: Now, that's where you might get me in trouble*. That's where social media's gonna catch up with me. I've got many. If its last name is Texas, I'm eating there. It's good.

XL Owner
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,940
    Check out this video I found about Lexington BBQ.  Very cool video I must say. 

Posted this in @SmokinPig post about recreating Lexington BBQ too. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=526CyDo5wVk&feature=share&list=PL9QRCyY8-mYA1lIDiCdHPi0ObZvVNJScz&index=5
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,673
    My wife and daughter did a nyc trip...shake shack is all i heard about.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,547
    henapple said:
    My wife and daughter did a nyc trip...shake shack is all i heard about.
    My wife went to NYC in February and texted me from Shake Shack. I became all excited "Shake Shack, I'm so jealous! They use Pat LaFreida beef!"

She got a hot dog.

I was disappointed.
  • ElCapitanElCapitan Posts: 154
    I have to eat crow.  I ate at Kreuz's today in Lockhart.  And Centex's comments about made for TV were spot on.  The brisket was dry and below average.  The prime rib was just average.  Black's is still definitely a solid BBQ joint but how Kreuz's makes any top list is beyond me. 

Sorry about that.
    XL Owner