Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

America's Ten Best Cities for BBQ

• ElCapitanElCapitan Posts: 154
    I'm not sure there is another subject that would have more passion than "best BBQ!"  As a reference, Art Briles, Head Coach of Baylor's football team was interviewed by a sports site and had this exchange.  Picking the best in Texas?  Well, them might be fight'in words!

SH: Does Texas have the best barbecue in the nation?

AB: Everyone's wondering who's gonna be No. 2.

SH: And brisket is the king of barbecues?

AB: I'm a little biased, but yessir.

SH: And your favorite place?

AB: Now, that's where you might get me in trouble*. That's where social media's gonna catch up with me. I've got many. If its last name is Texas, I'm eating there. It's good.

XL Owner
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 4,587
    Check out this video I found about Lexington BBQ.  Very cool video I must say. 

Posted this in @SmokinPig post about recreating Lexington BBQ too.

"Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle

My Photography Site
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,953
    My wife and daughter did a nyc trip...shake shack is all i heard about.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,861
    henapple said:
    My wife and daughter did a nyc trip...shake shack is all i heard about.
    My wife went to NYC in February and texted me from Shake Shack. I became all excited "Shake Shack, I'm so jealous! They use Pat LaFreida beef!"

She got a hot dog.

I was disappointed.
  • ElCapitanElCapitan Posts: 154
    I have to eat crow.  I ate at Kreuz's today in Lockhart.  And Centex's comments about made for TV were spot on.  The brisket was dry and below average.  The prime rib was just average.  Black's is still definitely a solid BBQ joint but how Kreuz's makes any top list is beyond me. 

Sorry about that.
    XL Owner