Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Basques lump at Costco

2»

Comments

• pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    thanks
    Toronto
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Actually it was $13.50 last year.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 508
    I've been buying one bag a week for the last month at Costco for 12.99 (Kitchener) - Did the same last year (was 11.99) and stocked up for the off season, was down to the last bag and they started selling again!  

Some of the bags are pretty beaten up with cut bags (not sure what goes on in the after hours, or maybe customers taking a peak) but a turn up/down with no rattling gets me a good bag.

Now the price of meat at this Costco has gone up and the quality down lately, but that is another story.
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,651
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    I guess its time to stalk up on beef ?
    Toronto
    ·
  • Just spoke with Luis. He's asking 12.20/bag. No discount for a bulk purchase as he is basically selling it for close to cost. I think I only paid 12/bag back in December but will have to look at the invoice when I get home this evening.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Just spoke with Luis. He's asking 12.20/bag. No discount for a bulk purchase as he is basically selling it for close to cost. I think I only paid 12/bag back in December but will have to look at the invoice when I get home this evening.
    John, you paid $12.20 last time, no need to search for invoice ;)
    canuckland
    ·
  • Thanks Gary. I could not remember for sure. And, I think I remember seeing it for 12.99 at Costco s few weeks ago (up in Newmarket). It just pisses me off that they stop selling it in the fall so, I'll keep buying it from Confira.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I would love to jump on this ,
    Is there a minimum to purchase ?

Also the Basques is 12.99 at costco ( not sure if this was discussed , but i was just there )
    Toronto
    ·
  • Give Luis a call... he'll sell you as many bags as you want for 12.20 (+hst). 

Given that there is no discount on volume not sure it makes much sense to arrange a group buy.
    Awesome thanks

Toronto
    ·
  • StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    hondabbq said:
    I hate threads like this, ( no offence LS) I wish I could get something other than RO here. Just makes me mad that I cant get different products here.
    Weird that they stop at the Ontario border eh?
    $12.99 a bag at costco down here in St Catharines.
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,618
    edited April 2014
    The Costco in Alpharetta, Ga had no lump at all. 

I did pick up a couple 17.6 bags of RO for $10.54ea. at the Restaurant Depot and a 16.5lb Prime Rib  for Easter.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • Just be glad you guys live out in Ontario. The prices only get worse the further west you go. The Alberta lump and beef prices make Ontario look cheap.
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,944

OK. Hell we may be able to get Henapple to drive it all around the USA for a small commission.

I'm in if you can get @henapple a contract up there.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,209

I needed to go to Costco yesterday and of course there was nothing.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,651
    hondabbq said:

I needed to go to Costco yesterday and of course there was nothing.

Go east, young man!
    canuckland
    ·
  • ReldtiCDNReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    edited April 2014
    Saw it at costco last week in Brampton and Miss. Still have a couple bags left in the shed from last year when the had a $1 off and left with 20 bags, used up my member bonus check on it.
    Brampton, Ontario

·