Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Basques lump at Costco

Our local Costco has Basques Nature's Own lump right now. US guys should check. Really good stuff.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Thanks, I am going to Costco tomorrow and will check and see if it made it to Atlanta.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    A friend of mine got some around Atlanta a couple of years ago. Well, he's not really a friend but we fish together sometimes. In fact I really don't like him or the other two guys we go fishing with. I do like fishing but it really is kind of a drag going with people you aren't really crazy about. It's really no wonder I drink heavily.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I will go fishing with you Steven, maybe you will like me. :))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    I've been using this lump since I got my egg- great price and good performance!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    JRWhitee said:
    I will go fishing with you Steven, maybe you will like me. :))
    Fat chance. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I'll check when I go there this weekend, thanks for the heads up.
  • I've have to buy Basques at Lowes in my neck of the woods. It's good lump over all. You do have to be careful and check the bags for crushed lump. Over all it's solid lump with a good smell.
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Hey Steven ,
    How much are they selling it for at Costco ?
    Toronto
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I hate threads like this, ( no offence LS) I wish I could get something other than RO here. Just makes me mad that I cant get different products here.
  • Little Steven
    hondabbq said:
    I hate threads like this, ( no offence LS) I wish I could get something other than RO here. Just makes me mad that I cant get different products here.
    Weird that they stop at the Ontario border eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Hey Steven ,
    How much are they selling it for at Costco ?
    I haven't been there yet. Norma told me about it. She said 12 bucks. I said $12.99? She said maybe.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypants
    i am going to costco today .
    I will have a look and report back
    Toronto
  • I quit buying it at Costco last year when they stopped selling it at the end of the summer because it was a "seasonal" item. I have since been buying directly from the local distributor. He's just a 15-20 minute drive from my office and he'll let me buy as many bags as I want and, he has it year 'round.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    TexanOfTheNorth how much does he sell it for ?
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth how much does he sell it for ?
    I think it was $12/bag but I'll have to check at home this evening. Whatever the price was/is it is less than what Costco charges.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I think it was $12/bag but I'll have to check at home this evening. Whatever the price was/is it is less than what Costco charges.
    Is he in Etobicoke John?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypants

Can I get in on this ? ? i am not that far from your office

Toronto
  • Little Steven

Just so you know we can get pallets of Maple Leaf for 13.99 (maybe less) if we put together a group buy. We can get that price on 22 bags but may be able to negotiate on a couple of pallets. I have a dry place to store it at my shop.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• 185 Eileen Ave is the address (I think that's Etobicoke or close to it). The company name is Confira and the guys name is Luis. His phone # is 416.708.2090. He's a very nice guy and hes told me in the past that he'd sell to anyone who wanted to buy from him.

@Pantyspants, might be a little closer to 30 min for me to get there from my office but, I think from your location would be closer to 20. I usually get 10-12 bags at a time from him.

Just so you know we can get pallets of Maple Leaf for 13.99 (maybe less) if we put together a group buy. We can get that price on 22 bags but may be able to negotiate on a couple of pallets. I have a dry place to store it at my shop.

Yes lets do it . i am good for at least 10bags for sure (more if needed) , also I have a couple friends I can ask as well ....

Toronto
  • I'll give him a call and ask about a pallet price.
    OK. Hell we may be able to get Henapple to drive it all around the USA for a small commission.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypants
    i would love to take some OO !!
    Would he take Canadian dollars ? 
    Toronto
  • Little Steven
    I showed some Canadian money, he laughed and said something I didn't understand. That wasn't unusual, I didn't understand a word he said all weekend except "that's my cooler...help yourself"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    hondabbq said:
    Tough living west of the center of the universe isn't it? Know the feeling. If you want some Maple Leaf, Home Hardware has it. It is $20 a bag, my local store brought in 10 bags for me with a 7.5% discount. It is well worth it. 
    Lowes locally handles Basques, but they have priced it as high as Maple Leaf.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • pantsypants
    I showed some Canadian money, he laughed and said something I didn't understand. That wasn't unusual, I didn't understand a word he said all weekend except "that's my cooler...help yourself"
    Nothing wrong with that
    Toronto
  • I showed some Canadian money, he laughed and said something I didn't understand. That wasn't unusual, I didn't understand a word he said all weekend except "that's my cooler...help yourself"
    Nothing wrong with that
    Maybe he'd take all of the pennies we don't use anymore.
    I'll give him a call and ask about a pallet price.
    John, if you can get a pallet price below $12, I'd like to join the group buy please.

Little Steven and @pantsypants - Basques is $12.99/8Kg bag at GTA Costco, I see it every week. 
    I still have about 15 assorted bags in the garage, holding out for the $7.50/8Kg blue RO at Lowes, Canada Day weekend special (regular price $14.99).

@pantsypants, just so you know, Nella at Norfinch Drive (very close to your office) also carries Maple Leaf, you need to buy at least 20 bags to get the bulk discount though.
    canuckland
  • pantsypants
    do you know what the bulk discount is ?
    Toronto
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited April 2014
    couple of years ago the bulk discounted price was $12.50, now it's probably $13.99 as LS quoted.  Give them a call ...
    148 Norfinch Dr, North York, ON M3N 1X8
    (416) 740-2424

canuckland