Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EggFest Preparation

Options
I spent the whole day planning, shopping, and packing for the Athens EggFest. Attending an event is one thing but cooking at one is an entirely different thing. I guess you could call it a labor of love. I'm looking forward to it! This will be my first time cooking at one of these and I have about 5 different food items planned throughout the day. Spent a pretty good chunk of change too. Wish me luck and look me up if you're headed over there this Saturday.
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Hi Dave, so glad you are coming. Athens gives us a gift card for groceries so your pocketbook won't hurt too badly. Please come look for us Chickens down near the end of the boardwalk. We should be near Joan who is also from Austin. Looking forward to a fun day.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Dave, you are two steps ahead of us. We are still going back and forth about what to cook. We have the next two days to shop and decide. See you in Athens.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Today is prep day for us. Just two items this time. Did three at Salado and did not have any spare time to taste or visit.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Glad you're coming to Athens, Dave, and that you're going to cook.  Athens has the best possible setup for cooking, with their commercial kitchen that's available.  We're from Austin too.  Just try to find time to get around to visit and taste everybody's food.  We are not very good at that.  Tend to cook the whole day.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Look for us in Athens, we will be leaving Round Rock about 0600. We have worked up 2 new recipes. You will forget something, it happens every time. If you do, chances are someone else has it. We are planning on cooking until about 1300 with some time off to see the fish and the hatchery. The gift card from Brookshire Bros. helps pay the groceries that are getting a bit pricey.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Starting our prep and trial runs. Hopefully this will be the start of a hit.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    This is going to be awesome. I think it's great that I will get to meet some of you. I'm staying at the Best Western Plus on hwy 31.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    The pre party was great!!!
    Dave - Austin, TX