Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats your showcase meal form the egg

Options
What do you make when you want to show off the egg to guests who have never had a meal on an Egg?

What do you make that is worth repeating for the same guests over and over again

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    Options

Such a hard question to answer.....long cook pork butt and ribs.  Short cook maybe spatchcock chicken.  It's all so good!!!

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    Pork Butt it always knocks their sox off !!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Crowd favorites here are thick cut pork chops, abts, kabobs, d.o. Chuck roast ..
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Everyone cooks chicken on their grill. Cooking it with the egg really shows it off.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Someone disagreed with me! That's it. I'm not cooking for you people anymore. [-(
  • pflug
    pflug Posts: 106
    Options
    Simple bone in pork roast, just salted on the outside makes a delicious crust, a little smoke ring and very juicy.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'd have to say Pork Butt.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    BabyBack Ribs, meatloaf, turkey Breast, chicken.

Moink Balls and pizza.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I have to go with Baby Backs and or Pork Butt.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    My showcase meal is paella. Beers around the Egg as it is being prepared. The presentation is super impressive. 
  • BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Someone disagreed with me! That's it. I'm not cooking for you people anymore. [-(
    Maybe they think your chicken is better?!    ;)
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Sounds like a Tee Shirt in the making.
    =)) =))
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That'll leave a mark.
    Flint, Michigan
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Pork butt is a good showcase, but I also enjoy doing burgers, carne asade, steak tips etc because as mentioned anyone can cook those on their grill at home. Those meals really shows off the egg.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    i dont think i have a showcase cook, its pretty much what im in the mood for. ribs, pulled pork, potroast, seafood chowder, shrimp tacos, calzones, steaks, chicken, ham, abt's, tuna steaks, lobster, beans. ive done pretty much all those things in the last year for company. its pretty much all done on the fly as well, i dont plan on company, my neighborhood just seems to either show up or invite me over if they see me. so i dont plan on anything. i wouldnt go out of the way to showcase the egg, maybe some fogg cutters though
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    That'll leave a mark.
    Or disappear.............
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Eggatron
    Eggatron Posts: 22
    Options
    Pizza and kebabs. Pizza because people are generally impressed to see pizza cooked outside and turn out well, and kebabs because they just turn out better on the egg than any other way I've found. Try it with lamb marinated in Greek yogurt and whatever Indian spices you can get you hands on.
  • ktm101
    ktm101 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have yet to try a pork butt, but by these responses I think it is time!!  For me it is probably whole chickens.  

• Jeremiah
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hotch said:

Jeremiah said:

Sounds like a Tee Shirt in the making.
    =)) =))

Nice. :)
  • qprhooligan
    qprhooligan Posts: 126
    Options
    Smoked turkey breast.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I've been asked for repeats on my spare ribs. An number of people have been very impressed w. hot tubbed steaks finished in a lava temp Egg.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sous vide ribs.  Pork, beef.
    Options
    That's a tough one. Stuffed thighs, pulled pork, pork eggrolls, stuffed pears, ...to show off I'd probably do the faux coshon de lait on hoagies. Most people haven't had pork cooked in milk plus it ROCKS.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Jiffy cornbread
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    Would have to be anything poultry. 
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    @pflug could you give the complete recipe with temps, PLEASE, sounds really good.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    LOL, Gene! Good one! 

Actually, I was thinking of chocolate cake or similar. "You baked THAT on a GRILL?!"

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Brisket. I live in central Texas and they think they know brisket. My son is a 6th generation Texas and my wife's whole side of the family agrees I cook the best brisket. I'm defending my first place title at a local BBQ comp later this month.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    @travisstrick:  Where's the BBQ comp being held?  Are you using your BGE?
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Usually appetizers. ABTs, Pork Shots or baby back ribs run through the band saw to make them finger food sized.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.