Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib Pasta

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433

I cooked an 8 lb prime rib on the Big Green Egg Saturday evening. However, I was also busy with the tedious task of taping the rims of my motorcycle for painting, so no pics of that. I did of course have time to take a pic of how we decided to use some of the leftover prime rib Sunday evening. This pasta dish is made with prime rib cubes, crumbled bacon, mushrooms, asparagus, and sun dried tomatoes in a Parmesan cheese sauce. This will NOT be the last time I make that!

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Delicious sounding and looking.
    Dang that looks awesome..I am sure I can smell it coming through the wireless feed. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Man I would eat that until I pass out.

Living Large and XL

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Could you share the recipe?  We are cooking a whole beef tenderloin tonight for only two of us, so we'll have LOTS of leftovers.  Would love to give this a try.  Looks and sounds fantastic!! Bookmarked.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Good gravy! I almost ate my screen. That looks delicious! Recipe pleeeaaase!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Parallel
    edited April 2014
    Could you share the recipe? 

caliking said:
    Recipe pleeeaaase!!

Prime Rib Pasta

Ingredients

•  2 tablespoons of Red Claw Cajun Spice
    •  2 pounds leftover Prime Rib, cubed
    • 4 medium Mushrooms, sliced
    • 1 pack of Bacon (12 ounces)
    • 8 ounces fresh Asparagus
    • ½ cup (1 stick) Butter
    • ½ cup Flour
    • 2 cups Beef Broth
    • ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
    • 1 medium Onion, minced
    • 1 jar (8.5 ounces) Sun-Dried Tomatoes packed in oil
    • 1 pound dried rigatoni or ziti Pasta
    • Salt to taste
    • Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste

Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning onto the cubed prime rib pieces and allow to rest at room temperature until needed. Put water on to boil pasta el dente. Chop asparagus into two inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp, remove, drain, crumble and set aside. When there is one minute left until the pasta is done, add chopped asparagus. When done, drain the pasta and the asparagus and leave in colander (the heat from the pasta will continue to cook the asparagus). Leaving the rendered bacon fat in the skillet, sauté the mushrooms and remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon, set aside. In a large stock pot, melt butter and sweat onion. Heat beef broth until it is just below a boil remove from heat. When onion is translucent, gradually stir in the flour to make a roux. Gradually stir the beef broth into the roux and allow mixture to thicken slightly. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, cover immediately. Drain the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes (reserve the oil for use later) and sauté in the bacon grease, remove from skillet and add directly to the roux. Sauté the prime rib cubes until heated/cooked to taste (add more seasoning if desired). Return the roux to medium heat and add packing oil from sun-dried tomatoes to loosen the roux as needed. Add bacon, mushrooms, prime rib cubes, pasta and asparagus to the mixture and stir until coated. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.

• Parallel
    No pics because life has been hectic, but I finished off the leftovers last Thursday with a nice beef stroganov with LOTS of mushrooms... yum. Given the versatility of leftover options, I may be doing prime rib more often.