Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggplant & Pepper Salsa -- AMAZING!!

Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow!!! The wife proclaimed this stuff the most delicious thing she's put in her mouth. YOU MUST TRY IT!! (I strongly dislike eggplant, but off the EGG in this salsa, it's great.)[p]
I got this from the food network's web site(Bobby Flay cooked this on the first episode of grillin' & chillin') OK, credit has been given:[p]
2 eggplants, cut vertically into 1/2-inch thick slices
2 red peppers, quartered and seeded
2 yellow peppers, quartered and seeded
2 red onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
Salt and freshly ground pepper [p]I cooked at a 350 dome temp with no smoke. [p]OH, I cooked the peppers whole -- I carved them up after they were cooked. They were so juicy! I will start doing this on a regular basis.[p]Brush eggplant, peppers and onions on both sides with 1/4 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. [I sprayed with Pam Olive oil and didn't even use salt and pepper -- I relied on the lump for the flavor. A good decision I think][p]Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, until lightly golden brown and almost cooked through. Remove vegetables from grill and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Combine eggplant, peppers and onions in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients inluding the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.[p]Next time, I may add some EGGed chillis are hotter peppers for a little more kick. All in all -- wonderful!

Comments