Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ga Mtn. Eggfest

I was wondering about taster tickets at eggfest, do they sell out, only a limited number or would I be ok to just buy them at the gate? We have our campers at the fairgrounds for the summer so we will be there camping anyway so I just need a little info.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2014
    If you go to the registration page lists the number of tickets left.  738 at the time of this post:

...if you are gonna be there any way I don't see a good reason not to buy them ahead of time.  It is possible that they sell out. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Gator_Man
    Gator_Man Posts: 138

They sell tickets at the gate so you can do that or order ahead. Quite sure they will not sell out. We are in site C7 what site are you in?

It is a world class Eggfest and one you don't want to miss! be sure to plan for the meet & greet Friday night and don't eat breakfast Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing ya at the fest.

Jupiter Jim & KayNOcook

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

• Ospreydog
    Ospreydog Posts: 103
    We are in site 45 across the road, we have been camping there for years. Last year on Friday night before eggfest several egg campers were cooking and passing out food it was my first egg food and I was so impressed with in a week I had a large and this year I have a mini to take camping. I just never thought much about BGE I just cooked on my other smokers but after all the nice people and great food I just had to join the crowd. Maybe next year I will cook. Come by site 45 and see me, and I will be at my first Eggfest.
  • Gator_Man
    Wow now you are hooked into the CULT!!!! life will never be the same! Happened to us about 7 years ago and no looking back. We are there a week before the fest so will for sure stop by and don't be scared to stop over at C7 and say hello. Jupiter Jim & KayNOcook

• Ospreydog
    Will do, we move in the week before Eggfest so I will stop by.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Wish we could camp there again this year but too much going on right now. Ospreydog you guys have a crazy cult of campers on the non fairground side. Started realizing all the people camping around us knew each other and later they told us they all rent the same spots all summer and some have been doing it for 10 plus years. If the people that gave you food were cooking on minis it was most likely us but there was also some BGE corporate crew down on the end.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Ospreydog said:
    I was wondering about taster tickets at eggfest, do they sell out, only a limited number or would I be ok to just buy them at the gate? We have our campers at the fairgrounds for the summer so we will be there camping anyway so I just need a little info.
    There's always a chance that we have to cut off the tasters depending on the egg sales. We haven't had to do that in the past. Last year we had over 800 walk-ups! It's best to have them ahead of time just in case.........look forward to seeing you. I'll get with Jupiter Jim and we'll come over and meet you!
  • Ospreydog
    Lit I'm sure that was you because you guys were cooking on mini's. All I have got to say is you caused me to spend a lot of $ but I love every minute of it. I can't wait to meet you guys, and I will be cooking on a mini on Friday night this year also.
  • Gator_Man

Ospreydog, no need to cook the Friday night before the fest come on over to the meet & greet as it is part of your taster ticket entry fee, just bring a covered dish to share. We will be checking into the campground May 4th or 5th and leave on May 19th soooooo looooooking forward to a great time at the World Famous 4th Annual Georgia Mountain Eggfest!!!

Regards Town Manager of Egg Town USA

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Can't wait to see y'all there!
  • Ospreydog
    I'm going to go ahead and order my tickets now I don't want to miss anything. It's going to be fun!
  • Gator_Man

Going to be an awesome time!!!

JJ

• awm
    awm Posts: 181
    I'm just trying to find someone to go with me. The wife has to work and I just don't know about driving 3 hours and then walking around by myself ha.
  • I just got my tickets today! See you there!