Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

any else have their Ceramic Grill work warp?

Options
Hi,

I bought a 2-tier grill for my BGE XL in 2012.  It warped under normal cooking about 2" from side to side.  I put a tech support comment on their website and about 2 months later got a phone call saying that they had some manufacturing/design issues and that a replacement would be shipped in a couple weeks.  It has now been another 2 months with no replacement.  I've got messages into them.

Anyone else having issues?  I love the grid, but the base is so warped that it now wobbles.  Also, I've got a couple of buddies on hold waiting to buy one.

Thanks!

Dave
--Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill

Comments

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    I'd call. I don't have the two tier rack but from what I've read, Franco is a good guy and will make it right. In my opinion, emails tend to get lost in the shuffle more often than phone conversations.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    I sold the one for my large about a year ago.  Mine never warped but the upper level had a pretty good sag to it when used, even with a light load.  I also had one helluva time keeping it seasoned and didn't care for thick grill marks if cooking at high temps.

The Grid Extender with an extra stainless grid or the AR from CGS are way better options IMO.  Way easier to clean too.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @CGW1 is his handle on here. I'm sure hell be in touch
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DaveM
    DaveM Posts: 100
    Options
    I just spoke to Franko.  Apparently, I was sending emails to a former employee, but I had also used their web page under "contact", but he was very apologetic.  They have had some manufacturing issues, which have been resolved.  Now, they temper the steel so it loses its memory and stays in the correct shape.

My new one will arrive soon; can't wait!

--Dave
  • DaveM
    DaveM Posts: 100
    Options
    Im still waiting for my replacement ceramic grill. I was promised it within a few weeks, but it has been a few months. Anyone else having issues?