Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple slow wings

BasscatBasscat Posts: 666
edited April 2014 in EggHead Forum
Seemed like a good day for a batch of wings. Did these raised direct low and slow for a couple hours, 225-250ish. Half with Dizzy Dust and half with Raging River, with olive oil and a shot of Sriracha. 

·

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 886
    Yum
    Visalia, Ca
    ·
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 771
    I did wings tonight also. 350 direct on the mini. Were done in 30 minutes. Nothing special or fancy, just some food. The mini seems to cook things a lot faster. Great for small meals for one or two.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • PNWFoodiePNWFoodie Posts: 1,014
    Man, those look good!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
    ·
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 587
    I did wings as well last night. Went 400 indirect. Took about an hour twenty. Wife said they were the best yet!
    NW IOWA
    ·
  • pigoutscpigoutsc Posts: 88
    Looks great. I have never tried direct for wings but will give it a go today.
    ·
  • TackmanTackman Posts: 224
    Nice looking wings. Were they crispy? I normally do them around 400 raised direct. They come out great.
    Cleveland, Ohio
    ·
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 908
    lkapigian said:
    Yum
    + 1  :)>-

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    lkapigian said:
    Yum
    + 1  :)>-

+2
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,161
    edited April 2014
    That's is how I like to do wings, the meat falls off the bone and the skin gets a nice texture. I use a dry rub and I wait until I pull the wings off to sauce them because that is pretty much how wings are served when you get them at a restaurant and it helps with crisping up the skin.
    ·