Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

One more lap

Completed one more lap around the sun this past Thursday. The wife an 3yo were sick so I cooked up a dry aged strip with sprouts and potatoes for myself. Always pleased with this meal.
Bloomfield, NJ
·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,056
    Happy birthday!!! Sucks that the rest of the crew were sick and couldn't cheer you on...

Good looking meal!
    ·
  • Nice marks.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,093
    Very nice! I think I would have just put the cast iron on a trivet/hot pad and eaten it on there. :)
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 201
    DMW said:

Very nice! I think I would have just put the cast iron on a trivet/hot pad and eaten it on there. :)

Thanks..I cooked the veggies in the CI pan and realized I didn't bring a plate out for the steak so I just tossed the steak on top.
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
    hapster said:

Happy birthday!!! Sucks that the rest of the crew were sick and couldn't cheer you on...

Good looking meal!

Thanks hap
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,102
    what temp did you sear? nice marks. I can never get the nice char marks when I reverse sear...
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    Looks awesome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Happy Birthday. Nice cook and hope all are feeling better soon.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    Great looking meal! Happy Birthday!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
    GATABITES said:

what temp did you sear? nice marks. I can never get the nice char marks when I reverse sear...

I seared at about 600 on my CI grate down low on the Woo.
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
  • TFols said:
    I seared at about 600 on my CI grate down low on the Woo.

I do the same. I have a spider and small cast iron. Leaves great marks if that's what you are after.

·