Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Spareribs and spatchcock chicken Chupacabra Style

Options

I am cooking the ribs with a slather of spicy brown mustard, and 2 gringo's chupacabra rub, cooking at 275, indirect for about 4 hours with Central Market Mesquite Lump, Pecan wood chunks and Jack Daniels, smoking chips for smoke. 

Then raises temp to 375 and cook the chicken, for about an hour and a half.  Chicken spatchcocked and rubbed with same chupacabra rub. 

Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Looks like you will be eating well later today!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sounds good.

If that's a 3-4lb. chicken I doubt it will take 1 1/2 at 375*. I just did one for some chicken for a chicken and sausage jambalaya I'm making for dinner and it only took about an hour @ 350*
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Sounds good.

If that's a 3-4lb. chicken I doubt it will take 1 1/2 at 375*. I just did one for some chicken and sausage jambalaya I'm making for dinner and it only took about an hour @ 350*
    It is a 4.35lbs, but do expect it to done earlier, thanks for the reminder, a bottle Goslin's Black Seal Rum is starting to give me dirty looks, so I might have to show it what fer.
  • Dragonwmatches
    Options
    direct or indirect on the chicken?
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    direct or indirect on the chicken?
    That's a good point @Dragonwmatches! I was basing my comments on a raised direct set-up.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Indirect..

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    I keep seeing the "chupacabra" label these last couple weeks, I thought it was a rare North American mammal, like a Bigfoot.  History?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Dragonwmatches
    Options
    Botch said:
    I keep seeing the "chupacabra" label these last couple weeks, I thought it was a rare North American mammal, like a Bigfoot.  History?  

I thought it was a devil-like creature from Latin countries (ie, Mexico) mythology. But what do I know?
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    edited April 2014
    Options

It is  a Latin  American mythical beast  used to scare the ninos into  behaving.  Basically it translates into Goat Sucker..  They come out at night and suck the brains/blood out of goats and little children who are misbehaving or out to late.

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Texansurf said:

It is  a Latin  American mythical beast  used to scare the ninos into  behaving.  Basically it translates into Goat Sucker..  They come out at night and suck the brains/blood out of goats and little children who are misbehaving or out to late.

I could use that at my house, to keep the little bastids around here in order as their parents don't.  :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    Well, here is my plate, I ate most of the ribs before plating, I was really hungry after an hour in the water....