Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking THIS WEEKEND? This brisket just went on now...

Options
This is on the BGE now!  :)

Was going to cook it Saturday night, had some daytime plans cancelled, and was psyched to throw it on now!   And, as an added bonus JUST as I was about to light the grill Amazon Prime showed up with my whiskey barrel smoking chunks!  Excited to try these out and looking forward to tasting this brisket tomorrow.

I decided to try it without the water pan this time to keep it simple and avoid any blocked airflow that may have caused my last smoke to go so long.  Based on advice of folks here, I shouldn't need the pan with the BGE.  (unless I want it for aroma or to catch drippings so they don't burn on the plate setter)  I'm all about keeping it simple, though, if the results are good.

Whattya got planned?
LBGE/Maryland

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    If I told you I'd have to kill you.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • ElCapitan
    ElCapitan Posts: 154
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm going to try a cream cheese jalapeno stuffed, bacon wrapped pork loin tonight.  I'm also trying out my new thermometers.  The ChefAlarm is from Thermoworks, makers of the thermapen.  It has a probe with a cable that can withstand heat to 700.  While not quite as fast as the thermapen, it reads in 5 seconds (therma is rated at 3, I think).

The other is from accurite.  It's called the digital meat thermometer, and it is supposed to calculate the time left before the meat is done based upon cook rate and the desired temp.  It's probe cable is also supposed to withstand temps up to 700.

Might smoke a cooked ham tomorrow in prep for Easter.
    XL Owner
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Smoking a cooked ham?  Didn't even know you could do that.  So much to learn...
    LBGE/Maryland
  • ElCapitan
    ElCapitan Posts: 154
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Smoking a cooked ham?  Didn't even know you could do that.  So much to learn...
    Well, it's a first for me, but when I search on ham, I think most of the ones that are listed are already cooked.  I might be mistaken though.
    XL Owner
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    My weekend already started today (5/4/9 schedule) which is good because its supposed to be rain/snow/windy the rest of the weekend.
    Grocer had pre-made shish kebabs, two for $6; cheap lunches!

The meat was a bit tough, but was probably their leanest sirloin and did taste good, the charred veggies were great!  Also was reminded why I don't normally make kebabs as I knocked over a pitcher trying to slide the meat off the stick... 
    X(

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Just pulled these babies off. 2nd run at back bacon. Top is DP Cowlick and the bottom is Maple Blackpepper. now to let them mellow until tomorrow and slice and cryovac.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    St. Louis Cut Spareribs are on the egg right now.
    Southern California
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options

Just some apps tonight, kids request,some people coming over for her 14th b-day. She wanted some ABT's and some stuffed baby bells. Among some others that really do not go with anything, but, her choice.

20 whole ABT's and about 10 mini bells (more like medium for these ones)

Tomorrow and Sun, no idea yet, i am guessing steak though.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Family wanted to go out tonights, kids voted Texas Roadhouse. I can't eat steak there anymore but figured how could they screw up a burger smothered with shrooms, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion? Supposedly fresh ground chuck. She asks how do you want that done, well or med well? Med well, I'm feeling dangerous. That was one of the worst burgers I've bit into. Charred to an extreme, dry like sand inside. McDonalds serves a better burger...

Sorry, had to vent. As far as egg, have some pizza dough all ready to go for tomorrow, not sure on Sunday yet.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I just bought the biggest chuck ever for Ropa Vieja. 7lbs.
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Tomorrow we'll be doing a first time trial run on a whole beef tenderloin- practicing for Easter guests. Late Saturday night we'll throw on two briskets to smoke to make Smoked Brisket Chili for the Athens afterparty.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    Bought a 8lbs butt and the price did go up from last year! 0.50/lbs! I live in Canada so good butts are few and far between....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Tomorrow we'll be doing a first time trial run on a whole beef tenderloin- practicing for Easter guests. Late Saturday night we'll throw on two briskets to smoke to make Smoked Brisket Chili for the Athens afterparty.

I hate you..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Well I bought a 7 pound hog head I'm going to put on tomorrow morning. We'll see what happens with that!
    Dunedin, FL
  • Dragonwmatches
    Options
    Got a 9lb butt thawing for tomorrow, turbo.
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    No clue yet...

Slumber party tonight and they wanted Red Robbin... Boo hoo, bottomless root beer floats you say? I'm in...

Not sure what I'm cooking tomorrow, Sunday the wife has requested Mac n cheese

Tonight's burger and the girls
    imageimage
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    And this is helping me to compose my shopping list...

Some very tasty Balvenie 14

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    The Egg and I are shut down for the weekend so I will enjoy all of your cooks! I'm not complaining I get to spend the evening tomorrow with the most beautiful 9 year old young lady I know at a father daughter dance and then I get to eat a dinner she learned top prepare from girls scouts on Sunday. She is cooking for the family!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options
    Lamb chops with fresh rosemary, fresh garlic, olive oil and a little John Henrys Mojave Garlic and some brats.

Maumelle, Arkansas