Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Temp for veal?

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 2,882
Going to christen the new Egg this weekend.  Will do something simple tomorrow at lower heat for the first cook, either a spatch or just some chicken breasts.  Sunday will be the cook to celebrate the new Egg.  At Wegman's this evening, and picked up a beautiful looking bone in rib veal chop.  It weighs in at just under one pound, about 1 3/4 inches thick.  Never cooked veal before - what IT does everyone like?  Thinking of TREX or just a direct cook at about 400 or so. 

I'm not a big fan of veal (hoping this will change my mind) but the Mrs. loves it.  Got myself a Rack of Lamb to go with it.  Pics will follow.

Comments