Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Temp for veal?

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,408
Going to christen the new Egg this weekend.  Will do something simple tomorrow at lower heat for the first cook, either a spatch or just some chicken breasts.  Sunday will be the cook to celebrate the new Egg.  At Wegman's this evening, and picked up a beautiful looking bone in rib veal chop.  It weighs in at just under one pound, about 1 3/4 inches thick.  Never cooked veal before - what IT does everyone like?  Thinking of TREX or just a direct cook at about 400 or so. 

I'm not a big fan of veal (hoping this will change my mind) but the Mrs. loves it.  Got myself a Rack of Lamb to go with it.  Pics will follow.

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
    Same as beef dude.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,408
    Same as beef dude.
    I guess that makes sense.  Should have thought of that.  Thanks.
    Is it white or red veal? Red can be a little tough rare

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,408
    Don't really know.  It's not labeled one or the other. 
    Is it red or white? Provimi veal is white. Like really white. The little red ones run around and are pretty muscular. The poor little white ones get chained in a little hut and are fed only milk. Poor little buggers are absolutely deliscious.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·