Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What are you cooking THIS WEEKEND? This brisket just went on now...

This is on the BGE now!  :)

Was going to cook it Saturday night, had some daytime plans cancelled, and was psyched to throw it on now!   And, as an added bonus JUST as I was about to light the grill Amazon Prime showed up with my whiskey barrel smoking chunks!  Excited to try these out and looking forward to tasting this brisket tomorrow.

I decided to try it without the water pan this time to keep it simple and avoid any blocked airflow that may have caused my last smoke to go so long.  Based on advice of folks here, I shouldn't need the pan with the BGE.  (unless I want it for aroma or to catch drippings so they don't burn on the plate setter)  I'm all about keeping it simple, though, if the results are good.

Whattya got planned?

Comments