Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need bacon wrap shrimp recipe help

marinade? heat? tricks?
·

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Eggular,
    par-cook the bacon til it's partially done, but not at all crispy. [p]we do prosciutto (no need for par-cooking the bacon), but i'd still add EVOO and coarse salt and pepper. [p]toss them on a 350-400 degree grate, and maybe toss in a little maple or hickory.[p]let them go 3 minutes or so, depending on size. you'll know when they are done. they'll be white/translucent, and you'll want to eat them.[p]flip, don't flip, doesn't matter much, just don't cook any more than necessary

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Eggular,
    Stike is right. Try to find proscuitto. I like to marinate in Robust Italian Dressing with a bit of pure maple syrup and cayene pepper to taste before wrapping. [p]Scallops work well also.[p]Mike

·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    stike, I like to marinate in jerk (house brand, of course!) with a bit of OJ (fresh or just concentrate will work) and maybe some dark rum. J Appledog
    [ul][li]Mrs. Dog's Jamaican Jerk marinade[/ul]
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    J Appledog,
    hey that's a great idea.
    one question. does the acid in the OJ 'cook' the shrimp at all? kinda like a cerviche?[p]i bet you could marinate for a long while and just barely cook them on the grill for a little color and sear.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • My wife's favorite is now a large shrimp with a slice of water chestnut and hot pepper (you choose the heat, we like Habenero) and wrap with proscuitto. Secure with toothpick. Grill until done and dunk in melted butter with a little Swamp Venom from Dizzy Pig.

That made me hungry just from typing it....
    ·
  • Eggular,[p]I dusted them once with Tsunami, placed a basil leaf on each, skewered and then wrapped in bacon.[p]I keep getting the 'when-are-you-going-to-make-those-again' question all the time - so I guess they were good![p]RE
    ·