Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT Whats your record

Awhile back I had read where somebody had cooked on there egg for the 10th consecutive night.  I was impressed because my record is only 5.  What's your record?

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,502
    4 for me.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,717
    Didn't see that thread, but my record got broken due to a funeral we had to attend, but my unplanned run was 11 nights and then we were gone on the 12 th night, but upon returning I egged for 5 more nights after that!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    My record is only 5 nights in a row. Not bad considering my record for being home without traveling for work is only about 9 nights.
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 447
    8!
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,845
    273 days...then our first child was born...oh wait, I misunderstood the question.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • TackmanTackman Posts: 223
    edited April 2014
    3--Don't judge me!!!
    Cleveland, Ohio
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 1,957
    I made it a couple of days once. Then I visited my Mom in the hospital, and the girl next to her was getting a sponge bath, and well...
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • I made it a couple of days once. Then I visited my Mom in the hospital, and the girl next to her was getting a sponge bath, and well...

You were embarrassed so to distract yourself, you pick up one of your Mom's magazines. It was Cosmo and, well...

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • plumbfir01plumbfir01 Posts: 678
    i average a 3day straight every week. the firehouse keeps it from being more. I sometimes egg food for 3-4 days in one night so that hits the bottom number as well
    Beaufort, SC
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 381
    I made it a couple of days once. Then I visited my Mom in the hospital, and the girl next to her was getting a sponge bath, and well...
    You were embarrassed so to distract yourself, you pick up one of your Mom's magazines. It was Cosmo and, well...
    Wait, wasn't it a Glamour? 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
    SaltySam said:
    Wait, wasn't it a Glamour? 

Definitely Glamour.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • Now that you mention it, I think you're right.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    I think Cosmo would've done the job too though.

·
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 960

I am not home 10 nights in a row.   let alone have the time or that,,, I am jealous

XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    To be honest I think I'm at 10 or further. In Texas it gets so hot I don't fire up the stove at all and cook egg only.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,231
    That was me. The streak only ended due to a medical procedure that precluded me from eating for a couple days. 10 is by far my longest streak.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Wow. I have no idea really! By the end of the competition season, it sometimes seems like 200 days straight. But really hard to say. I'm thinking I've hit the 5 day in a row mark a few times. 
    Sure is a fun question. Wish I knew the answer!

Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Impressive! I'm 3 for sure, 4 at best. We are pretty busy, but there may have been a Thursday-Sunday at some point.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Ok does a spilled bottle of scotch count and I wake up 3 days later with egg goo and cooking utinsels litering the place.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,607
    edited April 2014
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Ok does a spilled bottle of scotch count and I wake up 3 days later with egg goo and cooking utinsels litering the place.
    -1000 for spilling scotch... that too a bottle.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,075
    I cook on it every night during the summer. Up here that means three weeks.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,197
    I cook almost every meal on one of the Eggs.  I would not be surprised at having gone 3 or 4 weeks straight.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527

I think Cosmo would've done the job too though.

I'll fill in with a Reader's Digest
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    National Geographic

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • Got my Egg last saturday, cooked on it 5 days in a row...going on vacation starting tomorrow so i'll definitely be ready to cook on it again when i get back in a week!
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,428
    Mine was 13 days and or nights last summer.  I had the mini at my office so some of the cooks were just simple lunch items like brats, etc.  Best I've done since is maybe 4-5 in a row, but warm weather is on the way! :-bd

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,785
    4?
    ·
  • ZmokinZmokin Posts: 1,327
    It's not impressive, but I'm pretty sure my record is one.  I don't recall ever cooking on it two nights in a row.  It's possible that maybe I did twice in one weekend, but my memory isn't good enough to state it as a fact.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,065
    I think i did a week while my wife was out of town.  It's hard to do so many consecutive nights, because I end up with so many leftovers!
    NOLA
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,339
    A lot of meals have leftovers so 3 or 4 days in a row is about it. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·