Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need bacon wrap shrimp recipe help

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
marinade? heat? tricks?

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Eggular,
    par-cook the bacon til it's partially done, but not at all crispy. [p]we do prosciutto (no need for par-cooking the bacon), but i'd still add EVOO and coarse salt and pepper. [p]toss them on a 350-400 degree grate, and maybe toss in a little maple or hickory.[p]let them go 3 minutes or so, depending on size. you'll know when they are done. they'll be white/translucent, and you'll want to eat them.[p]flip, don't flip, doesn't matter much, just don't cook any more than necessary

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Eggular,
    Stike is right. Try to find proscuitto. I like to marinate in Robust Italian Dressing with a bit of pure maple syrup and cayene pepper to taste before wrapping. [p]Scallops work well also.[p]Mike

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    stike, I like to marinate in jerk (house brand, of course!) with a bit of OJ (fresh or just concentrate will work) and maybe some dark rum. J Appledog
    [ul][li]Mrs. Dog's Jamaican Jerk marinade[/ul]
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    J Appledog,
    hey that's a great idea.
    one question. does the acid in the OJ 'cook' the shrimp at all? kinda like a cerviche?[p]i bet you could marinate for a long while and just barely cook them on the grill for a little color and sear.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • My wife's favorite is now a large shrimp with a slice of water chestnut and hot pepper (you choose the heat, we like Habenero) and wrap with proscuitto. Secure with toothpick. Grill until done and dunk in melted butter with a little Swamp Venom from Dizzy Pig.

That made me hungry just from typing it....
  • Eggular,[p]I dusted them once with Tsunami, placed a basil leaf on each, skewered and then wrapped in bacon.[p]I keep getting the 'when-are-you-going-to-make-those-again' question all the time - so I guess they were good![p]RE