Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost blew myself up.

2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,738
    I'm cheap, can I use dirty oil from fryer instead of fresh oil  ;)
    i dont know if i would use oil after a fish fry
    :)) it would work but that smell will linger on your hands
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    I used the paper towel and oil method today (not that I had another option).  Works well too.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

I am thinking of getting one of these.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • I showed my kid this trick...now he lights the egg...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

I showed my kid this trick...now he lights the egg...
    I did blow myself up when I was about 9 YO in Germany and used a magnifying glass to "fizzle" gunpowder that we extracted from firecrackers after an especially wet new years.  Was going great until the burn went critical and went up in a big flash.  Spent the next couple of weeks looking like a young Gollum.

I did blow myself up when I was about 9 YO in Germany and used a magnifying glass to "fizzle" gunpowder that we extracted from firecrackers after an especially wet new years.  Was going great until the burn went critical and went up in a big flash.  Spent the next couple of weeks looking like a young Gollum.

Wow. Same thing happened to me in Darmstadt Germany at the same age but was in 1959. Doing the exact same thing the day after a big fireworks show.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mickey said:

Wow. Same thing happened to me in Darmstadt Germany at the same age but was in 1959. Doing the exact same thing the day after a big fireworks show.
    This was in....must have been mid '70s...  And thinking back, it was before summer vacation...so it wasn't new years.  No hospitalization, back then it wasn't necessary (according to my parents) unless there was a compound fracture, arterial bleeding or unconsciousness.   But I had burned a lot of hair and had burns on my face that I'm sure contrubute to my rugged good looks as an adult.

Funny, I thought I was the only kid to almost win a Darwin award with a magnifying glass.  Glad I'm not alone. ;)