Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Engel 30 Qt dry box and cooler at Sam's

2»

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Just purchased the Engel 30 at Sams today.  They had about 6or eight left.  Will make an excellent companion to the pelican.  
    The pelican 45 is awesome and very heavy.  In most cases we will be ale to leave Pelican in the car and use this to transport the items that I are needed.  
    I may convence myself another may be useful.  Thanks for the heads up C-T.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to grab a beach cart for it once I get one. It's about a 10 minute walk to the beach from my parent's townhouse. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited April 2014
    SAMs showed in stock last night and out of stock when I got there :(

XLBGE 
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    @eggcelsior Not sure where you are getting that milk from but there is a dairy farm on the eastern shore that only pasteurizes the milk. He does not homogenize it so you get cream on top sometimes. It is the only place I have bought milk and you girt from for the last five years. Rain sleet or snow I have showed up to the farm and left with milk. Not sure where you are located at in MD, but he does do the farmers markets in annapolis on Sundays. If you are interested in looking them up it is called Nice Farms Creamery. They also have a Facebook page. They make whole and skim milk, yogurt, and butter. The butter is AWSOME if I remember later I'll take a pic of some to show you how yellow it is.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    That sounds like nice milk.
    edited April 2014
    @Eggcelsior - pan is 13 " x 10. 5 " x 2.75 " ish. image

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I think that there be a 1/2 steam table pan.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    @caliking - dude, awesome.  I want.  I want.  0.25 pans, will buy.  thanks!
    edited April 2014
    @Firemanyz‌
    Thanks. I get milk from South Mountain Creamery in Middletown, MD. It's about 15 miles from me. They process on-site and do have a homogenizer but I often see cream on top of the whole milk. They do cheese, yogurt, and ice cream. They also offer grass fed beef and eggs from the farm. I go on weekends to get the milk but I have been planning on setting up delivery for a while. I'm now finally getting around to it.

Edit: Do they do real Buttermilk since they make their own butter? SMC only has cultured. Also, I just checked and SMC offers cream-top and homogenized milk. I'm not crazy.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Those steam pans and the egg were made for each other.  Have several and alway pick another when we go to Ace Restaurant Supply...dirt cheap too.  If I leave/loose one at a fest no big deal.
    The small brining buckets also work very well in the cooler.  I stuff the cheeses, butter, eggs and other things that I want to stay dry, but cold.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited April 2014
    @caliking - dude, awesome.  I want.  I want.  0.25 pans, will buy.  thanks!
    I'm planning on filing down the long edge/lip on both pans that I have, so that 2 will fit across the top. Much cheaper than the official basket accessory. 

Although i was thinking of buying the Yeti bottle opener. It just hurts me to think about drilling  holes in my fancy cooler though!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    @caliking I'm not 'fraid of metal work, have plenty of tools to file down to size. 

Bottle opener:  Dude, you could put me naked in a padded nut-house room with a non-screw-top beer and I'll figure out a way to open it.  :D
    with the engal, is there anything on the base to strap it down or is just smooth like a standard cooler
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • drewaars
    drewaars Posts: 63
    Its on woot for $40 today.  I'm sure with shipping it will put you up over the 45 that Sam's has it for but if its not in your area then it still might be worth it.

LBGE in Arlington, TX

Thanks and Gig'em
  • nolaegghead
    edited April 2014
    with the engal, is there anything on the base to strap it down or is just smooth like a standard cooler
    @fishlessman There are a couple strap guides in the sides that could be used to strap it down - they're there for a carrying strap that is included.  Nothing as good as the pelican's tie-down straps.
    @fishlessman There are a couple strap guides in the sides that could be used to strap it down - they're their for a carrying strap that is included.  Nothing as good as the pelican's tie-down straps.
    from the site i get the idea i would need to up grade it to the deep blue series and at that price point i would be better off with the pelican, nothing survives the boat or wheeler for long
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • wpendlegg
    wpendlegg Posts: 141
    I ordered one from woot after seeing the link above. It looks pretty nice -- a bit bigger than I was expecting (maybe I didn't have a concept of what 30 qt looked like). It's going to be a definite upgrade over the hand-me-down 15 year old Igloos we have.
    Lubbock, TX
    Large BGE
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    I ordered one as well - just so I could have a serious FTC. Hope it's big enough for a packer...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!