Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brats on another perfect afternoon

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
Made some brats and watched the game outside today. Couldn't get any better. Didn't have any hotdog buns so I just put a couple cheddarwurst brats on a toasted kaisar roll with the pickled red onions. Shout out to coffeeguydenton again for the recipe, I plan on putting them on everything. Actually going to go ahead and make a couple more jars today.imageimageimage
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    It looks really good! I am glad to know I am not the only one that watches tv when they grill. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • jls9595
    Options
    It's awesome. I plan on mounting an outdoor tv to one of my pergola posts this year sometime. I watch almost every Braves game, watching outside is so nice, almost like being there. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    Those look awesome! Any leftovers??
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• jls9595
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Those look awesome! Any leftovers??
    I'm sorry to say, for my weight loss goals, no leftovers.  The pickled onions really set it off.  
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • fence0407
    edited April 2014
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    I'm sorry to say, for my weight loss goals, no leftovers.  The pickled onions really set it off.  
    Guess that means I'll have to make some of my own now :((  - those look too good! I've never tried pickled onions, but they sound like the perfect addition to a good burger or brat. 
    Cumming, GA  

• jls9595
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    jls9595 said:
    Guess that means I'll have to make some of my own now - those look too good. I've never tried pickled onions, but they sound like the perfect addition to a good burger or brat.
    it is amazing, if you like a vinegar kick type flavor.  These are what they were, I guess not technically brats
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • jls9595
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I highly recommend the butter toasted kaiser bun as well.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • fence0407
    Options
    Nice - I normally just use the original Johnsonville brats, but I might give those a try. I think I'd like the tasted of the pickled red onions. You mentioned above @coffeeguydenton gave you the recipe - would you mind sharing?

Butter toasted buns are where it's at!
    Cumming, GA  

• jls9595
    edited April 2014
    Options
    here you go it's really easy but so so good.  It would go well on so many things, like I said, I'm making another couple jars because these are gonna go fast.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Haven't made the Johnsonville brats in quite some time. I've been getting the fresh Publix brats. But, those look terrific!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    looks great - those pickled onions are great . . mine are getting low!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    It's awesome. I plan on mounting an outdoor tv to one of my pergola posts this year sometime. I watch almost every Braves game, watching outside is so nice, almost like being there. 

I have a tv outside and its not a outside TV.my pergola is covered but no sides and I also put a cover on TV when not using.everyone said it wouldn't last but its been over a year plus I can replace it 10 times for what a outside TV cost.just giving u something to think about.great looking Cook and I live in Tenn.too.
  • jls9595
    Options
    tcampbell said:
    jls9595 said:

I have a tv outside and its not a outside TV.my pergola is covered but no sides and I also put a cover on TV when not using.everyone said it wouldn't last but its been over a year plus I can replace it 10 times for what a outside TV cost.just giving u something to think about.great looking Cook and I live in Tenn.too.
    thanks for the info., my pergola has a shade fabric but the rain goes right through. I guess I could get a cover for the TV since I won't be watching it in the rain anyway.  those outdoor tvs are kinda pricey.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!