Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FOGO Shipping Condition...Real Disappointment!!!

Comments

• looks like it's made with the tears of children. Even the pictures are devoid of color there.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Post color pics. The contrast is terrible.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Here's my Fogo. Haven't opened the boxes yet. I think you need to have a conversation with your UPS guy.image
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Tak
    Tak Posts: 145
    I'll take some more pics with color...but....I just heard back from Amazon....the product was shipped from a "warehouse" that is not Amazon's...however....they apologized for the damage and are taking 50% off the cost of the item...so....even if the pieces are smaller I'm ok with it....I appreciate their quick response and offer....guess being a Prime member is worth it...
  • Tak said:
    I'll take some more pics with color...but....I just heard back from Amazon....the product was shipped from a "warehouse" that is not Amazon's...however....they apologized for the damage and are taking 50% off the cost of the item...so....even if the pieces are smaller I'm ok with it....I appreciate their quick response and offer....guess being a Prime member is worth it...
    thats a deal. I've bought bags of best of the west that looked like that in the past. They were a little banged up but mostly OK. Interested to hear how you like the lump. 

I'm going to try the komodo komado extruded lump here shortly. The Whiz loved it and he's never steered me wrong. Thought I ad him on the best of the west but apparently I got the 5 only good bags they made that year. The rest were pretty rough......as he said they were. Dangit.

here is their stuff: 
  • unreal- they blocked 3 of my posts because it had a link to their lump. What a bunch of asshats.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited April 2014
    Hey @Tak‌ think I found your Fogo delivery guy >:) Ace Ventura Smashes Package: http://youtu.be/2Q6_9A90cUk
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Tak
    I'm looking forward to trying it....based on what some of the other folks have said about it I'm hoping it good....I stocked with the RO sale at Wally World....and while cleaning out the shed found I have 3 bags of OO...so...think I'll be ok for a while....but I will let you know what I find when I open the bag of FOGO
  • Tak
    LOL....appreciate it!!!.....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    On a nice note. Even when we have been disappointed with over deadline shipping etc with Amazon they have made it right. We're Prime members and they have a great company with employs that provide good service and customer relations.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Tak
    I agree 100%.....very happy with their quick response and they're desire to make things right....I was very very impressed with their customer service.....
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    Mine arrived in a box in perfect condition
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Tak
    Nice!!!...glad yours arrived in good shape....I think someone at the warehouse dropped the bag it broke and they wrapped it up and sent it....mine came in a box with filler on the sides....I won't hesitate again to order from Amazon....they stepped up and I'll take great customer service anyday in exchange for my loyalty as a customer
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I have had one come beat up but not like that. The pieces were still really big though.
  • Tak
    Thats great to hear...when I lifted the bag and open the plastic I kinda felt around to see if I could feel and large pieces...seem to be some....I'll know better once I open the bag....hoping there will be some in there....going to use the FOGO on an overnight cook to try it out....