Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you egg in cycles?

Options
2»

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    CANMAN1976  I  definitely  use my Eggs more in the spring /summer but I used them all winter
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    I have pretty much used all of my 300 lbs of RO I bought the fall.So I have egged quite a bit given the circumstances.

Not really liking the RO may have to stock up on some maple leaf!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

We've enjoyed a nice winter here in Norcal and the Egg has got a workout.  Typically we have a lull until BBQ season starts.  Just removed the membranes on 14 St. Louis spares today, going to be a big BBQ day at the store tomorrow.  First time for ribs in 4 months.

Anyone looking to score a bone or two should drop by around 4:30 Saturday. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Depends on how you define cycles... If you are going on intervals between similar cooks, then I'd have to say that yes I'm on a few week rotation... Gaps between actual egg cooks, to many factors to establish a pattern of reliable repeatability
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Not usually but we just closed on our new house last Wednesday and I haven't fired up the egg since. We have a month to gut everything. Our SOW includes scraping popcorn off 2100 sq ft, refinishing the ceiling, dropping a wall to open up the kitchen, opening up and reframing the pantry, fix and prep walls and paint all walls and remodel the kitchen. Since last Wednesday afternoon we have scraped all the popcorn, dropped the wall, and prepped the majority of the walls for painting including redoing a 2 story mantle in the living room and removed half of the kitchen. I plan on getting the mini over there this weekend. Its going to be a tough month.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Lit said:
    Not usually but we just closed on our new house last Wednesday and I haven't fired up the egg since. We have a month to gut everything. Our SOW includes scraping popcorn off 2100 sq ft, refinishing the ceiling, dropping a wall to open up the kitchen, opening up and reframing the pantry, fix and prep walls and paint all walls and remodel the kitchen. Since last Wednesday afternoon we have scraped all the popcorn, dropped the wall, and prepped the majority of the walls for painting including redoing a 2 story mantle in the living room and removed half of the kitchen. I plan on getting the mini over there this weekend. Its going to be a tough month.
    Nice. Gotta love popcorn. Did you wet it first? 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yes sprayed it with a bug sprayer. Wasn't bad but working over your head is the worst. The rest of the work isn't bad I look forward to reframing the pantry tonight.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I bet your triceps feel awesome.