Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The wife did good

Options
MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
No, it's not a mini or a new xl, but the wife did good for my birthday. Really the best present was being off today, first time in a while, and spending some time with my girls, getting the garden ready, and cleaning the chicken coop. Got a 9lb butt going on before bed and doing an all nighter. And only one of the ladies would let me take her picture

XLBGE 

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    It really does bring a family closer. Sounds corny but I don't care.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    What a cool platter! Did she make that for you?
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    That is pretty cool.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    Options
    I like that...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Love the platter. You are a lucky man!
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    How they think alike :-)

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    That's awesome...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Very nice
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That is a great platter. That may be your pet chicken, but I am having terrible thoughts running through my mind seeing them side by side in a picture. (Before - After) 

Happy Birthday!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited April 2014
    Options
    That is a great platter. That may be your pet chicken, but I am having terrible thoughts running through my mind seeing them side by side in a picture. (Before - After) 

Happy Birthday!

@johnkitchens‌ My chickens are a lot of fun but they either produce breakfast or they have to get in the egg!

XLBGE 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @MrCookingNurse talk about pressure!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Hey man, miss your regular posts, thanks for sharing the little down time you have with us. Nice platter, and the message is she likes what you cook!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I would take a personalized platter over any "thought you would like rub or sauce" anyday! I hope all is well.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Hey man, miss your regular posts, thanks for sharing the little down time you have with us. Nice platter, and the message is she likes what you cook!

Thanks @Skiddymarker‌ things are slowing up around here. I'm going to have a few days off in April though. When I left, me and @Eggcelsior‌ had the same post count!!

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My wife wants to move so we can get some chickens and a couple of goats for the kids to grow up with. I'm envious, buddy.
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    @MrCookingNurse good to see you posting, I don't post often but I have always enjoyed your contributions.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @Eggcelsior‌ I'd highly recommend it! My oldest girl loves the chickens. She actually toddled around the garden a lot last year. I'm tilling our garden tomorrow. It's about 10 times bigger than our one last year, took a cow to the slaughter house last week. He was showing well into choice on his ultrasounds in February. He was slaughter and will cure whole for 14 days. I almost bought a goat last week but my wife threatened to murder me. I know you do a lot of gardening. I'm working towards the small family hobby farm.

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    MCN - you're living the life I want... Although the goat's wouldn't last that long outside the egg either.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @Eggcelsior‌ I'd highly recommend it! My oldest girl loves the chickens. She actually toddled around the garden a lot last year. I'm tilling our garden tomorrow. It's about 10 times bigger than our one last year, took a cow to the slaughter house last week. He was showing well into choice on his ultrasounds in February. He was slaughter and will cure whole for 14 days. I almost bought a goat last week but my wife threatened to murder me. I know you do a lot of gardening. I'm working towards the small family hobby farm.
    OK. Mr. Green Acres - as a guy who has been there done that (it is fantastic life, great way and place to raise kids) we had a 50 acre hobby farm in Lynn Ontario. Damn I do miss that place. 
    Rural folks do not use the phrase "took a cow to the slaughter house last week. He was showing well into choice on his ultrasounds in February"   
    Cows are not "he's", they are "she's". Either a cow (has had a calf) or a heifer (not yet bred), either a bull (would love to get it on) or a steer (much like me, can't get it on but for a whole different reason). Assume yours was a steer. We always cold aged for 21 days, the additional cost was minimal, the result well worth it for AAA (choice) stock . Our herd was Herefords BTW. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @Skiddymarker‌ Lol. I guess I should have said "it" then since it was a steer.

XLBGE