Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Food Thingy (could be a stocking stuffer)

GretlGretl Posts: 670
edited 12:19AM in EggHead Forum
Cool site; neat product idea. Check it out. I hear it's available at Bed, Bath, and Beyond...other places too, no doubt.[p]http://www.thefoodloop.com/
·

Comments

• edbroedbro Posts: 297
    That is pretty cool. I wonder how much it costs.

It says it is "heat resistant to 675°F". Is heat resistant the same as heat proof?
    ·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Gretl,
    Cool, but it only lists that the foodloop™ is heat resistant to 675°F / 357°C.
    It does not mention flame resistant, so probably use for indirect only.[p]Other than that, cool!
    RhumAndJerk

·
  • GretlGretl Posts: 670
    RhumAndJerk,
    Good point. Well, how about this...a couple of food loops to hold the item together while you tie it up "proper" with kitchen twine. Then remove the loops. I don't know about you, but I have yet to perfect the art of tying stuffed filets, etc. I just need a third (and fourth) hand sometimes!

·
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Gretl,
    Tie a slipknot in one end of the string; run the other end through and pull the slipknot tight before you make the final square knot. I saw the technique on Sara's Secrets, and it has turned an "all-thumbs" guy into somebody who can really "tie one on".[p]Ken

·
  • Gretl,
    i can't believe shotgun fred didn't think this up!!

·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Gretl,
    I wonder if they make a sushi sized one?
    R&J

·
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 19
    BlueSmoke,[p]These things are OK, but they're a little chewy . . .
    ·
  • Toy ManToy Man Posts: 416
    Just stopped by Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up a box. $14 as I recall.[p]Thanks for posting this.[p]Toy Man
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,249
    Toy Man,
    how many are in a box?

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Gretl,[p]>> Well, how about this...a couple of food loops to hold the item together while you tie it up "proper" with kitchen twine.<<[p]If you wanted to do that, just go to the hardware store and get some incredibly cheap cable ties....[p]- Andy
    ·