Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The wife did good

MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,110
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
No, it's not a mini or a new xl, but the wife did good for my birthday. Really the best present was being off today, first time in a while, and spending some time with my girls, getting the garden ready, and cleaning the chicken coop. Got a 9lb butt going on before bed and doing an all nighter. And only one of the ladies would let me take her picture

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
image.jpg 1.7M
image.jpg 2.8M
·

Comments

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    It really does bring a family closer. Sounds corny but I don't care.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 946
    What a cool platter! Did she make that for you?
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    ·
  • HolepuncherHolepuncher Posts: 262
    That is pretty cool.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Nicely done.
    ·
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,366
    I like that...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Excelerate....
    ·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
    Love the platter. You are a lucky man!
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,368
    How they think alike :-)
    IMG_7178.JPG 48.9K
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    That's awesome...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Very nice
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,426
    That is a great platter. That may be your pet chicken, but I am having terrible thoughts running through my mind seeing them side by side in a picture. (Before - After) 

Happy Birthday!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,110
    edited April 2014
    That is a great platter. That may be your pet chicken, but I am having terrible thoughts running through my mind seeing them side by side in a picture. (Before - After) 

Happy Birthday!

@johnkitchens‌ My chickens are a lot of fun but they either produce breakfast or they have to get in the egg!

·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,426
    @MrCookingNurse talk about pressure!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,026
    Hey man, miss your regular posts, thanks for sharing the little down time you have with us. Nice platter, and the message is she likes what you cook!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I would take a personalized platter over any "thought you would like rub or sauce" anyday! I hope all is well.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
    Hey man, miss your regular posts, thanks for sharing the little down time you have with us. Nice platter, and the message is she likes what you cook!

Thanks @Skiddymarker‌ things are slowing up around here. I'm going to have a few days off in April though. When I left, me and @Eggcelsior‌ had the same post count!!

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    My wife wants to move so we can get some chickens and a couple of goats for the kids to grow up with. I'm envious, buddy.
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    @MrCookingNurse good to see you posting, I don't post often but I have always enjoyed your contributions.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
    @Eggcelsior‌ I'd highly recommend it! My oldest girl loves the chickens. She actually toddled around the garden a lot last year. I'm tilling our garden tomorrow. It's about 10 times bigger than our one last year, took a cow to the slaughter house last week. He was showing well into choice on his ultrasounds in February. He was slaughter and will cure whole for 14 days. I almost bought a goat last week but my wife threatened to murder me. I know you do a lot of gardening. I'm working towards the small family hobby farm.

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    MCN - you're living the life I want... Although the goat's wouldn't last that long outside the egg either.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,026
    @Eggcelsior‌ I'd highly recommend it! My oldest girl loves the chickens. She actually toddled around the garden a lot last year. I'm tilling our garden tomorrow. It's about 10 times bigger than our one last year, took a cow to the slaughter house last week. He was showing well into choice on his ultrasounds in February. He was slaughter and will cure whole for 14 days. I almost bought a goat last week but my wife threatened to murder me. I know you do a lot of gardening. I'm working towards the small family hobby farm.
    OK. Mr. Green Acres - as a guy who has been there done that (it is fantastic life, great way and place to raise kids) we had a 50 acre hobby farm in Lynn Ontario. Damn I do miss that place. 
    Rural folks do not use the phrase "took a cow to the slaughter house last week. He was showing well into choice on his ultrasounds in February"   
    Cows are not "he's", they are "she's". Either a cow (has had a calf) or a heifer (not yet bred), either a bull (would love to get it on) or a steer (much like me, can't get it on but for a whole different reason). Assume yours was a steer. We always cold aged for 21 days, the additional cost was minimal, the result well worth it for AAA (choice) stock . Our herd was Herefords BTW. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    @Skiddymarker‌ Lol. I guess I should have said "it" then since it was a steer.

·