Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

APL's Pork Shoulder marinaded in Citrus, Garlic, Cumin for TACOS

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
I borrowed Adam Perry Lang's book Serious Barbecue from the library and tried the "Shoulder Marinaded in Citrus, Garlic, Cumin" over the weekend.  First off . . . this book is serious!  Lots of stepscoffeeguydenton for the recipe/post) and used cherry wood for the smoke.   I kept the final dish simple with a little mexican cheese, avocado and cilantro.   My pics here suck (it was 11:00pm and we were so hungry!) but The Mojo Marinade/Injection/Finishing-Sauce will be used again for sure.  

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• NDG
    Options
    WARNING:  limes are SUPER expensive right now!  I used about 15 limes (MOJO Sauce & Homemade Margs) and the cost of the fruit along was equal to the pork.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    Options
    I know it's a long shot . . but anyone have APL book serious barbeque?  Could you scan and attach the recipe "Pork Shoulder marinaded in Citrus, Garlic, Cumin" ?  
    Columbus, OH