Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL Egg Cutout ?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does anyone know the cutout size for the XL Egg ?

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I just traced the dome getting as close to the gasket as I could where I wanted the hole. It came out to give me between 1/4 and 1/2 inch clearance on the Egg and a perfect circle. The actual diameter was 26 1/4". Hope this helps
  • Unknown
    Options
    It does help alot...thank you!
  • BostonBGE
    Options
    Do you guys know the "Hinge" cut out measurements on the XL?  I'll be purchasing an XL soon and am doing my research now for a granite top with a 26 1/4" diameter cut-out.  Was thinking of cutting some room in the back for the hinge as well so it sits lower and flusher to the granite.  I guess I could go to a local dealer with a tape measure, but wanted to find some info here in the forums.  Thanks!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited March 2014
    Options

One of the common mistakes I see Egg owners make when building tables is to allow for the BGE table nest (2").   Its a clean way to prevent heat penetration (butthead laugh).

Concerning the XL hingle clearance, the top itself protrudes deep and needs to be looked at.  Any dealers with tables closeby? 

Get us pics when you are finished, love to see it.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Egglegal_Alien
    Egglegal_Alien Posts: 113
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Measurements on the BGE’s “Wooden Table Plans for an XL Egg” (available for download at their page, here's a link to it) for the XL Cutout is 26 ¼”.

Another measurement that might come in handy, also gotten from the same plan, places the distance from the top of  the lower shelf (where the Egg will be resting) to the top of the upper shelf at 12 ½”.

Cheers!

XL BGE + Large BGE @ Monterrey, Mexico