Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finally, my table is finished!

2»

Comments

• BjorgBjorg Posts: 241
    Covered in snow!

Quebec - Canada
    Quebec - Canada
  • Hi There, great table!!!  A real masterpiece!!  I’m sure you enjoy your grill even more every time you see that table!! Question for you.  I was planning on building my table with a granite countertop as well.  I was using the BGE Table plans from BGE which calls for a 26 ¼” diameter cut-out (Factory plans if you will).  I noticed your plans show a 27” diameter.  Is there a particular reason you went with a slightly larger diameter of 27”?  Was there any particular reason or does this make the grill sit lower and allow the hinges/lid to open without touching possibly?  Ideally, I’d like the grill to sit as low or flush as possible to give it that flush/cleaner look with the table.  

• KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 157

The deeper you set the egg down, the bigger the hole will need to be.

• AquacopAquacop Posts: 476
    Wow great craftsmanship! I'm jealous, cant wait to get rid of the nest!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • WOW.   That is very impressive!

1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 157
    Where and how much for the cover?
  • Wow! That is some damn fine work!!

• nealcr1nealcr1 Posts: 180
    Nicely done sir.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 184
    That's an awesome table and a pretty decent beer too! Looks great!
    HFX NS
  • That's classy and awesome craftsmanship, well done!
    Lg Egg - Asheville, NC
    Here is the updated sketchup file link for anyone interested in building one. https://www.dropbox.com/s/siikf8dw7gzx18j/Bjorg%20Big%20Green%20Egg%20Table.skp?dl=0
    Quebec - Canada
  • da87da87 Posts: 516
    Incredible!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Sonny3Sonny3 Posts: 443
    Very nicely done sir.  Unique design and very functional.  Bravo.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • ronw9471ronw9471 Posts: 82
    Spectacular! 
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • That looks freaking awesome.  So if you have the "feet" you don't need to put it on slate or anything?
  • GreedygoatGreedygoat Posts: 101
    Very, very nice table.
    XL with Woo2 AR Combo
    Boca Raton, FL
  • RajunCajunRajunCajun Posts: 321
    Very nice table.  Very nice craftsmanship.  Enjoy!
    That looks freaking awesome.  So if you have the "feet" you don't need to put it on slate or anything?
    Thank you all! Exactly, air flow under it is sufficient. Plus IPE wood is fire resistant.
    Quebec - Canada