Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless / Skinless chicken breasts... what's best technique

Options
I've got some Boneless/Skinless breasts that are in need of Egging. What are your favorite techniques for cooking them?  I'd be happy to try out something new.  My typical is: coat with olive oil then sprinkle with seasoned salt and poultry seasoning and grill direct at 375-425. And....go!
Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Pound the breasts....to even thickness. Marinate in ceasar dressing, lemon juice and parmesean cheese. Grill raised direct 375-400 till 160. I usually add either raging river or pineapple head while cooking.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    If you can do a "raised-direct" cook at 375-425 I think it would help. I've always had great results that way. As far as seasonings go, it sort of depends on what sides you want to pair it with. Make a batch of rice with some grilled veggies and give your chicken breasts a teriyaki mopping towards the end. I try to mix it up and test out different rubs/marinades.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    jls9595 said:

Pound the breasts....to even thickness. Marinate in ceasar dressing, lemon juice and parmesean cheese. Grill raised direct 375-400 till 160. I usually add either raging river or pineapple head while cooking.

This
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options

Getting hungry already!

Pineapple Head...fill me in, what is this?

Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Its one of the dizzy pig rubs. I love it on boneless skinless breasts
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Boneless / Skinless chicken breasts... what's best technique: Toss in garbage works for me except this one way. This has goat cheese and jalapeños inside as well. imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    grege345 said:
    This

This, and I always brine my breasts a couple hours first.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    @Mickey‌ do you flatten them first?
  • Mickey
    Options
    @Mickey‌ do you flatten them first?

imageimageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• coffeeguydenton
    Options
    +1 on always brining them first.
    Justin in Denton, TX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Flatten and stuff. I like spinach, artichoke and cheese. ..Wrap it bacon, not rope.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I pound the breast to an even thickness, brine and cook to an internal temp of 145 to 150. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Mickey
    Options
    henapple said:
    Flatten and stuff. I like spinach, artichoke and cheese. ..Wrap it bacon, not rope.

The rope holds on the bacon. You been drinking? Aw hell, forgot who I was talking too.

• rwbbobo
    rwbbobo Posts: 13
    Options
    that looks delish, I think I'll be trying that recipe