Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country of Origin Label

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    +1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    :-?
    Dunedin, FL
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    yzzi said:
    :-?
    +1 ?

Opelika, Alabama
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    ?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    This thread needs cats.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    ethnicity?
    canuckland
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Tj, I know something is missing, but, I wonder what is going to happen on both sides of the border with this one? 

If a company produces a product in a number of plants, some of which also process nuts, the company labels all the product as "produced in a facility that processes nut products" or "may contain traces of nut products". Makes for easy labelling. 

Shrimp bisque, made in the USA with shrimp from God knows where, is labeled as Product of USA. The same shrimp, packaged as shrimp are labeled as Product of God knows Where. 

Can you imagine how big the label would have to be if every ingredient listed on the label had to have a country of origin identified?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Dang, not sure why the OP ended up blank.  It was a brilliant comment on the ruling to enforce the meat industry to include labels showing where the meat you are buying was born, raised and slaughtered.  If I remember what it was I'll add it in.
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Would you buy a butt, brisket etc if sitting side by side a US counterpart and you could visually see better marbling etc on the Mexico orgin product?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

One things that Sears always pushed with Craftsman was "Made in America."  The first class action lawsuit was filed in 2004 against them for false advertising.  After the lawsuit was settled a few years ago, they started blacking that phrase out on the packaging, then finally abandoned it a few years ago admitting their tools were made in China.  A friend of mine that owns a hand tool company tells me they were producing the packaging in the US, shipping it to China, where the tool was put in, then shipped it back to the US

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

Would you buy a butt, brisket etc if sitting side by side a US counterpart and you could visually see better marbling etc on the Mexico orgin product?

Is more if the cow drink sewage water than if the cut is well marbeled.

XLBGE 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Or the Canadian one? Canadian beef sucks

Steve 

Caledon, ON