Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Do you egg in cycles?

2»

Comments

• CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,284
    CANMAN1976  I  definitely  use my Eggs more in the spring /summer but I used them all winter
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,431
    I have pretty much used all of my 300 lbs of RO I bought the fall.So I have egged quite a bit given the circumstances.

Not really liking the RO may have to stock up on some maple leaf!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 956
    47836053.jpg
    430 x 538 - 159K
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 1,962

We've enjoyed a nice winter here in Norcal and the Egg has got a workout.  Typically we have a lull until BBQ season starts.  Just removed the membranes on 14 St. Louis spares today, going to be a big BBQ day at the store tomorrow.  First time for ribs in 4 months.

Anyone looking to score a bone or two should drop by around 4:30 Saturday. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• hapsterhapster Posts: 4,994
    Depends on how you define cycles... If you are going on intervals between similar cooks, then I'd have to say that yes I'm on a few week rotation... Gaps between actual egg cooks, to many factors to establish a pattern of reliable repeatability
  • LitLit Posts: 2,643
    Not usually but we just closed on our new house last Wednesday and I haven't fired up the egg since. We have a month to gut everything. Our SOW includes scraping popcorn off 2100 sq ft, refinishing the ceiling, dropping a wall to open up the kitchen, opening up and reframing the pantry, fix and prep walls and paint all walls and remodel the kitchen. Since last Wednesday afternoon we have scraped all the popcorn, dropped the wall, and prepped the majority of the walls for painting including redoing a 2 story mantle in the living room and removed half of the kitchen. I plan on getting the mini over there this weekend. Its going to be a tough month.
    WP_20140331_22_13_50_Pro.jpg
    1632 x 918 - 469K
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 8,717
    Lit said:
    Not usually but we just closed on our new house last Wednesday and I haven't fired up the egg since. We have a month to gut everything. Our SOW includes scraping popcorn off 2100 sq ft, refinishing the ceiling, dropping a wall to open up the kitchen, opening up and reframing the pantry, fix and prep walls and paint all walls and remodel the kitchen. Since last Wednesday afternoon we have scraped all the popcorn, dropped the wall, and prepped the majority of the walls for painting including redoing a 2 story mantle in the living room and removed half of the kitchen. I plan on getting the mini over there this weekend. Its going to be a tough month.
    Nice. Gotta love popcorn. Did you wet it first? 
  • LitLit Posts: 2,643
    Yes sprayed it with a bug sprayer. Wasn't bad but working over your head is the worst. The rest of the work isn't bad I look forward to reframing the pantry tonight.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 8,717
    I bet your triceps feel awesome.