Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Meatloaf on the Egg

Options
I am trying my first meatloaf on my XL. Went with Italian seasonings. Doing an inderect cook. Made the mistake of not putting the plate setter on when getting up to temp so now the egg is working to warm it up too. Started at 55° internal 20 minutes ago and is at 91° now. Egg at 340.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    You will love the end result.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    Options
    Are you cooking right on the grill? I first did a meatloaf in a loaf foil pan. The second time right on the grill. On the grill is by far the best. Good smoke ring all around. Also used a drip pan the second time after the mess from drippings.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Get ready for some good food. Enjoy!
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    grEGGorys said:
    Are you cooking right on the grill? I first did a meatloaf in a loaf foil pan. The second time right on the grill. On the grill is by far the best. Good smoke ring all around. Also used a drip pan the second time after the mess from drippings.
    Agreed. Don't think I've ever used a loaf pan. Indirect with drip pan.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Here are some before and after shots. It was awesome, but my son ate to much string cheese and said he wasn't hungry. He wanted me to cook it on the old beat up gasser. My wife liked it and said we need to take some to her parents, which we will.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Good looking cook.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    Options
    Good looking loaf. I am sure it tasted great. Good job.
    Gulf Coast FL