Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Boneless / Skinless chicken breasts... what's best technique

I've got some Boneless/Skinless breasts that are in need of Egging. What are your favorite techniques for cooking them?  I'd be happy to try out something new.  My typical is: coat with olive oil then sprinkle with seasoned salt and poultry seasoning and grill direct at 375-425. And....go!
Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
·

Comments

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,041
    Pound the breasts....to even thickness. Marinate in ceasar dressing, lemon juice and parmesean cheese. Grill raised direct 375-400 till 160. I usually add either raging river or pineapple head while cooking.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,038
    If you can do a "raised-direct" cook at 375-425 I think it would help. I've always had great results that way. As far as seasonings go, it sort of depends on what sides you want to pair it with. Make a batch of rice with some grilled veggies and give your chicken breasts a teriyaki mopping towards the end. I try to mix it up and test out different rubs/marinades.
    Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 2,428
    jls9595 said:

Pound the breasts....to even thickness. Marinate in ceasar dressing, lemon juice and parmesean cheese. Grill raised direct 375-400 till 160. I usually add either raging river or pineapple head while cooking.

This
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos
    ·
  • itsmceitsmce Posts: 217

Getting hungry already!

Pineapple Head...fill me in, what is this?

Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
    ·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,041
    Its one of the dizzy pig rubs. I love it on boneless skinless breasts
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,455
    edited March 2014
    Boneless / Skinless chicken breasts... what's best technique: Toss in garbage works for me except this one way. This has goat cheese and jalapeños inside as well. image image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,825
    grege345 said:
    This

This, and I always brine my breasts a couple hours first.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 853
    @Mickey‌ do you flatten them first?
    ·
    @Mickey‌ do you flatten them first?

imageimageimage
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 853
    @Mickey‌ thanks!
    ·
  • +1 on always brining them first.
    Justin in Denton, TX
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,856
    Flatten and stuff. I like spinach, artichoke and cheese. ..Wrap it bacon, not rope.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,397
    I pound the breast to an even thickness, brine and cook to an internal temp of 145 to 150. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    henapple said:
    Flatten and stuff. I like spinach, artichoke and cheese. ..Wrap it bacon, not rope.

The rope holds on the bacon. You been drinking? Aw hell, forgot who I was talking too.

·
  • rwbboborwbbobo Posts: 9
    that looks delish, I think I'll be trying that recipe
    ·