Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PA Eggheadforum Meetup?

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Seems like there are a few of us from PA active here. How about a meetup one of these Saturday mornings? I was thinking breakfast at Shady Maple.

Thoughts from fellow PA Eggheads?

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    I'll be there

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Too far for me but there is an eggfest (sorta) at tasty licks bbq comin up and another one in hatfield sometime in the summer and 1 more in the poconos in April. If there are any other ones let me know. Ill go to all of them most likely. I know there not like salado but I'd still like to go to check it out
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    I'm in western Pa, won't be making it.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Sounds cool. Where are you located? I live in Palmyra, just outside of Hershey.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Mark July 26 in your calendar, go north 40 miles on I79 and attend the Pittsburgh Eggfest?
    My post from 2011:

canuckland
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options
    RedSkip said:

If you're near Monroeville Pa stop out at Ceramic Grill Works on April 5th. He is having a grand opening for his new store. I can send you the address if you're interested.

Not sure what will be cooking but there will be some stuff cooking and take care of any of your bbq needs.

• Cloom
    Cloom Posts: 21
    Options
    There is an eggfest at Salter's Fireplace in Eagleville on May 3rd. Im not going to be able to go unfortunately (damn working weekends). Hopefully I'll be able to go to the Woodburners in Hatfield later this summer, would be great to meet up with some PA eggers then.
  • RedSkip
    Options
    @Canugghead ...I hope to attend this year, planning on making a trip to Zelienople this weekend as well. I haven't been to the store yet and very curious to see what's in stock.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    When's the Hatfield eggfest?
    Dunedin, FL
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    tell Megan and the gang the crazy canuck (who was at their fest three years in a row) says Hi!
    canuckland
  • grege345
    Options

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I might could make that.
    Options
    June 14th there is one in new holland

• Tjcoley
    Options
    Options
    @ smokeyj  I'd take that address for CGW if you have it.  I live on the other side of the Burgh, but easy enough to drive over for the afternoon.  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options

Here you go.

Ceramic Grillworks
    4680 Old Wm Penn Hwy
    Monroeville Pa 15146
    412-858-5275

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'll be in York around June so hold off till then.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMW
    Options
    henapple said:
    I'll be in York around June so hold off till then.
    Bringing OO? Let us know when, looks like I'll be gone for about a week in June.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    I might make the Eggfest at New Holland again this year. I may be cooking at the Eggfest at Woodburners in Hatfield.
    When is Fred's/Tasty Licks having one?
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • henapple
    Options
    New Holland. ..when?
  • DMW
    Options
    June 14th at Meadow Creek BBQ.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    How about the Big Green Egg Seminar at Meadow Creek BBQ on Saturday April 12th?

Steve F

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    @Tjcoley‌ I called about the kitchen shop fest. When I talked to them at the shop, it isn't what the description made it out to be. It sounds like they are controlling what is being cooked and their staff is showing the ropes of how to use an egg. I'm no expert but I think I'd end up showing them how to cook on an egg.

I wonder what they'd do if I show up to light their egg with a mapp torch or weed burner! =))
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    @Tjcoley‌ I called about the kitchen shop fest. When I talked to them at the shop, it isn't what the description made it out to be. It sounds like they are controlling what is being cooked and their staff is showing the ropes of how to use an egg. I'm no expert but I think I'd end up showing them how to cook on an egg. I wonder what they'd do if I show up to light their egg with a mapp torch or weed burner! =))

Other than an add in there flyer I've not seen anything more. There is a fest coming up June 14th at SKH in Mechanicsburg. They are trying to find 15 cooks this year (up from 9 last year- only their third year). You can cook what you want, they give you $75 to buy food, a $75 gift certificate to the store, a bag of lump and supply the Eggs, which will be sold as demo's at a 15% discount. I've signed up to cook desserts. Let me know if you want contact info - I posted in an earlier post last week.
    Options
    I think I'd like to attend a fest before cooking in one. I was looking at the New Holland fest on the 14th but the fest at SKH is a possibility.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    The SKH is pretty much a mini fest. Only 3 hours, which I thought would be a good one for a first fest cook.
    Options
    Ok, send me the contact info.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    Contact: kprogar@skh.com. EGGFEST -- Round 3 -- is COMING!!!! Saturday, June 14th 11 am - 2 pm I Need YOU -- I Need cooks! Last fall = 9 cooks This event = goal of 15 (Hoping all of last years cooks want to return!!!!???!!!???) We provide the Eggs -- will be using medium, large and extra large Eggs this time! You only have to be good at cooking 1 thing, and do it for 3 hours to serve our guests! All our cooks are our customers and just like YOU -- and love to share their Egg skills. As before, we need a variety of items: meats, pizzas, desserts, breads, soups, etc, etc. What's In It for YOU???? FUN sharing your passion with our guests! Exchange of Ideas with other Egg Enthusiasts $75 SKH gift card for your time; $75 Gift Card to Purchase Food to cook and items to serve food on 1 bag of Charcoal to use for cooking; you can take the rest home Along with this event, we'll be once again selling off the newly demo'd eggs at a 15% discount. All Accessories will also be 15% off. WHO'S #1-10 AND FIRST TO SIGN UP????????????????????????????! Don't keep me guessing......1st two to sign up gets to choose their Egg size
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Hmmm... That's only a hour away from me. I might be in for this.
  • henapple
    Options
    Oh snap...New haircut?