Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

When you think you've had too many beers!

Came across this quote that should put your mind at ease, especially with the continuation of the NCAA B'ball tournament and perhaps a Spring season that will finally show:

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, ‘It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Jack Handey
Louisville
·

Comments

• Honestly, I can't remember the last time I thought I'd had too many beers. I wouldn't think to think about that.

Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,030
    The great thing with beer is that I tend to run out of capacity before I run out of brains. On the other hand, I have no such volume restrictions with whiskey and become brain dead before the tank is full.

I agree, support the brewery workers.   
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,208
    skiddy . . . . so true, so true.
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 251

Gatorade will help with to many beer problems...better than aspirins!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 279
    The only thing I use Beer for is to simmer Brats and onion in or to use is some recipe.
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    " when I think I've had to many beers" its more like when swmbo says "haven't you had enough already" ugh
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • ZmokinZmokin Posts: 1,660
    They say with age comes wisdom.  I think my drinking falls into that category.  It's been decades since the last time I drank too many beers, and probably close to a decade since I drank too much whiskey in one night.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

·
  • KtimKtim Posts: 364
    Beer is good, God is great.
    sumpter township Mi.
    ·
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,366
    My motto has always been "When in doubt accelerate"...I apply this to everything including drinking Beer...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Excelerate....
    ·
  • Sometimes the morning after I'll think I had too many, but then I'll have one to knock the edge off.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    Every thing in moderation. ..especially moderation.

Yoda
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • KtimKtim Posts: 364
    I can drink more beer than you can.NA NA NANANA
    sumpter township Mi.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,790
    Almost home. May need to test this "too many beers" theory.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 155
    grege345 said:
    " when I think I've had to many beers" its more like when swmbo says "haven't you had enough already" ugh
    lol when my swmbo starts looking cute and I say to her  "hey lets go to bed!!!!!"
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    When I think I've had too many beers I usually have a beer to chase that thought away

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I like to think about my beer drinking in these terms. "Do I want a six-pack tonight and a choice steak, or a single beer and prime steak?"
    Justin in Denton, TX
    ·
  • demodemo Posts: 145
    I like it.  Makes perfect sense.

·