Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Man's Best Friend

Comments

• jimreed777jimreed777 Posts: 283
    Our first pup as a family. We got Haley in 1999. She passed September 7, 2013. 14 years of loving companionship. This pic was taken about 2 months before a brain tumor finally took her. She never suffered. The most gentle animal I ever knew. We all still miss her terribly.

This is our soon to be 5 month old male chocolate lab Comet. This thread reminded me that I had not taken a pic of him in a while.

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    This is mine guarding the yard. She isnt in to duck hunting that much but she loves dogging the bush for deer and she's good at it
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,444
    Golden retrievers are an unbelievable breed!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • Picked her up from a rescue shelter as a pup a few years ago, the shelter needed rescue as well, what a mess. Golden ret/Husky mix.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,192
    @Budgeezer‌...million miles a hour! Bet you see your fair share of Malinois at agility competitions. Very cool!
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 523
    @nphuskerfl we actually train with a Malinois, very cool breed.  Someday we may consider adding one to our family.
    Edina, MN

·
  • KempyKempy Posts: 188
    In addition to the rescue dog I my profile picture, I've got this 5 month lot french brittany. image
    image.jpg 973.4K
    ·
    edited March 2014
    @Kempy‌... I used to hunt pheasants in Nebraska with a dude that had a dog that could've been his twin (was real good pointer, flushed birds and would happily retrieve a bird out of the thickets). Also used to hunt with several different Labs and a Weimaraner :o3. Sadly no pheasant hunting in FL :-( But, I love the fishing here so it's a tradeoff I suppose ;-)
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,145
    edited March 2014
    180 pounds of sleeping fury! Kally knows how to chill, and she does it pretty much anywhere she wants. Those are 16" tiles she is laying on. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    @Skiddymarker‌...LMAO! That is a terrifying beast you've got yourself there ;-)
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • TheShaytoonTheShaytoon Posts: 419
    RexyRoo (BlackLab/Border Collie)
    Lucky Dog (Jack Russell)
    Dagny Girl (australian cattle dog)

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,056
    here are Tiny and Chanel. Tiny is the brindle and Chanel is the blue nose. Tiny is coming up on 5 and Chanel is 4 months this Saturday. Not pictured is Eve, who is a mutt and I have have a picture of, for no good reason.
    ·
  • pretzelbpretzelb Posts: 153
    Wow, I haven't taken many photos of the dogs in 2013. Here are some 2012 pictures of six year old Hope (gray) and 8 year old Georgia (black). Both rescues. They really aren't THAT close to each other, which makes the picture in the same bed very strange. Between the two of them they manage to torment us. Georgia is great with kids and people but has health issues and is indifferent to affection. Hope is very affectionate and healthy but isn't fond of kids and barks like a maniac when someone stares at her in the car. We got both around 8 months from a local rescue group. We wish we had Hope sooner because she is such a good looking dog it is a shame she has issues with certain people (she was attacked as a puppy). 
    XL egg owner, home brewer, jogger, coffee roaster, gamer 
    ·
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,398
    Our Children Rags and Suds....
    rags suds.jpg 344.8K
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Excelerate....
    ·
    @TheShaytoon‌...the clan appears to focused on a treat perhaps from the egg. :-)
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    Wow! I had no idea how much we egghead types love our furbabys :o3 Pretty freaking cool! The bottom photo is me w/ our two that have passed away (brother and sister).
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 245

Here are my buddies guarding the Egg.

Coton de Tulear mix on the left, Griff in the middle and Shih Tsu mix on the right.

@gmac, we had our Wirehaired Pointing Griffon for nearly 13 years, rescued him at 4 years old...he's been a great companion and hunting buddy

·
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 134
    My Miley is recovering from a torn ACL surgery. I hate seeing her like this but it had to be done.
    image.jpg 756K
    ·
  • brianbalabrianbala Posts: 27
    My two dogs (7 year old Brittany Spaniel and a 13 year old mixed breed) are always under my feet when the Eggs are going.  It's nice to have the company, expecially on overnight cooks.
    Two Large Eggs - Located in Marietta, GA (East Cobb)
    ·
  • TheShaytoonTheShaytoon Posts: 419
    @NPHuskerFL I am sure I was keeping their attention with something from the egg.  They are nowhere near that well trained.  Rex is, the other two, not so much.  

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,244
    edited March 2014
    KingtUT said:
    My Miley is recovering from a torn ACL surgery. I hate seeing her like this but it had to be done.
    Poor thing...I hope she recovers quickly!   [-O<

Did Miley tear her ACL twerking or was it a freak wrecking ball accident?  :-\"  I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself...had to be done.   :P

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
    edited March 2014
    cazzy said:

KingtUT said:

Poor thing...I hope she recovers quickly!   [-O<

Did Miley tear her ACL twerking or was it a freak wrecking ball accident?  :-\"  I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself...had to be done.   :P

@cazzy‌ ...u crack me up man!
    @KingtUT‌...speedy recovery for Miley :-)
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 134
    edited March 2014
    Thanks. Can't wait till she's up going crazy like normal. Anything would be nice, even twerking if she chooses!
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 366
    edited March 2014

Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    grege345 said:
    Golden Retrievers are the BEST breed.

I likely wouldn't be alive if not for mine. Likely saved me from a Timber rattler when I was around 4 or 5. Scared off bears a few times when I was wandering the woods of Cherokee County, NC.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,145
    grege345 said:
    Golden Retrievers are the BEST breed.

I likely wouldn't be alive if not for mine. Likely saved me from a Timber rattler when I was around 4 or 5. Scared off bears a few times when I was wandering the woods of Cherokee County, NC.
    That was a Collie and her name was Lassie…..
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • pretzelbpretzelb Posts: 153
    BYS1981 said:
    here are Tiny and Chanel. Tiny is the brindle and Chanel is the blue nose. Tiny is coming up on 5 and Chanel is 4 months this Saturday. Not pictured is Eve, who is a mutt and I have have a picture of, for no good reason.
    Chanel looks a bit like our dog Hope.
    XL egg owner, home brewer, jogger, coffee roaster, gamer 
    ·