Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally Found a Butcher -&- Brisket and Dinos !!

Options
dldawes1
dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
I finally found a butcher. I got a 13.86 lb brisket Friday and after plenty of salt and pepper and 14 hrs at 270F.....DELICIOUS / perfect brisket !!!!!

You guys have created a monster !!!!!

Now I need more advice. I want to egg some Dino Beef ribs and I need to know how to ask my new butcher for them. In my search I think I want ribs closest to the front rib roast ????  Also do I ask for 8 or 10" or how do I specify what I want ???

Thanks in advance,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice brisket. Ask @Cazzy.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @austinegghead knows. She told me at Salado but I've plumb forgot. Something like whole chuck ribs, full meat.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    for the dino ribs like they serve at franklins you want chuck plate ribs.  It should be 4 bones if I remember right.  not beef back ribs.  
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Here ya go.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/you-may-love-beef-short-ribs-pitmasters-dont

Basically, there are beef chuck ribs (4 bones) and plate short ribs (3 bones). Either will work great, but if they have both, get the plate short ribs. The fat is much more consistent across the cut.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • dlstern
    dlstern Posts: 4
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    I finally found a butcher. I got a 13.86 lb brisket Friday and after plenty of salt and pepper and 14 hrs at 270F.....DELICIOUS / perfect brisket !!!!!

You guys have created a monster !!!!!

Now I need more advice. I want to egg some Dino Beef ribs and I need to know how to ask my new butcher for them. In my search I think I want ribs closest to the front rib roast ????  Also do I ask for 8 or 10" or how do I specify what I want ???

Thanks in advance,

Donnie
    That brisket looks amazing. Can you share how you did that?
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    @dlstern>>>>rubbed w/ mustard, course salt and black pepper. Wrapped in saran wrap in refridge until the next afternoon ( about 20 hrs). Egged indirect for 14 hrs at 270 dome. I used my Maverick and had it set for 190 IT. it woke me up, the brisket probed like butta. I FTCed it in a hot/cold bag while I went back to sleep. Used some of that good ole Rockwood lump and about 5 chunks of hickory.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!