Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yakatori grill who's got one?

Options
grege345
grege345 Posts: 3,515
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://kingwikitiki.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/yakitori_grill.jpg&imgrefurl=http://kingwikitiki.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/yakitori-ya-ya/&h=259&w=283&tbnid=-ous1sOhkgsG9M:&zoom=1&docid=8_MHc1c_E0Cx_M&hl=en&ei=riQyU4DvN8TH0QHNgYHgCQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CJsBEIQcMCk I was lookin around and came across this. It's relatively inexpensive but can only think of a few things I'd use it for. So does anybody have one? You guys that cook with the lodge how often and what do you cook on them. image
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Leave the dome up on the small egg, and you'd have the same thing.  

Used to have a Lodge Sportsman Hibachi.  Solid as a tank.  Heavy and awkward as hell, and tough to keep the rust off of it.  Sold it on CL.  Was a searing machine though.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• grege345
    Options

• grege345
    Options
    Focker said:
    Leave the dome up on the small egg, and you'd have the same thing.  

Used to have a Lodge Sportsman Hibachi.  Solid as a tank.  Heavy and awkward as hell, and tough to keep the rust off of it.  Sold it on CL.  Was a searing machine though.  

I don't have a small.

• Focker
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Would pertain to any of the smaller sized eggs, was using grid size in comparison. 

Leave the dome open on the large and cook standard setup, 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• grege345
    Options
    Right. They have a rectangle one too. I'd use it for searing and kabobs and .....?

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    RichardFL has something similar. There's a similar stove at an Asian market near me, but I still don't own one.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options

I have one. I purchased of Franco from CGW.

I take when we tailgate for Jimmy Buffett concert. I also use it when making a couple hot dogs or burgers, kabobs. Works well, I like it.

• grege345
    Options
    smokeyj said:

I have one. I purchased of Franco from CGW.

I take when we tailgate for Jimmy Buffett concert. I also use it when making a couple hot dogs or burgers, kabobs. Works well, I like it.

with an open top I'd imagine there is not a lot of temperature control. Does it get wicked hot?

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I have a Lodge hibachi. Spray it down with oil and rust is not an issue. Its handy for searing, and I recently used it at the Salado eggfest to make jeera pulao (cumin pilaf) to accompany the lamb curry that Little Steven made. I've also used it to make kalbi, kababs, and burgers in the past. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    I have seen those and these in Vietnam and Thailand. They use them in many different ways. Often times using coal cubes.imageCarolina Q said:
    RichardFL has something similar. There's a similar stove at an Asian market near me, but I still don't own one.

LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Focker
    Options
    caliking said:
    I have a Lodge hibachi. Spray it down with oil and rust is not an issue.  
    Been there, done that.  CI doesn't sit well outside in the midwest, even inside another grill.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    chashans said:
    I have seen those and these in Vietnam and Thailand. They use them in many different ways. Often times using coal cubes.imageCarolina Q said:

This is what I use for many of my wok cooks.  I luv it for a fast steeak or piece of chix.  Yakatory is just another variation for its use.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1151884&catid=1

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Focker said:

caliking said:

I have a Lodge hibachi. Spray it down with oil and rust is not an issue.  

Been there, done that.  CI doesn't sit well outside in the midwest, even inside another grill.  ;)

Well, it's way more humid down here in the swamp, and no problems with rust on it. Stays in the garage, and pretty rust free despite all the chlorine I store in the same space.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    edited March 2014
    Options
    chashans said:
    I have seen those and these in Vietnam and Thailand. They use them in many different ways. Often times using coal cubes.
    or these  :D

canuckland