Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

bbq sandwich

henapplehenapple Posts: 15,169
Stopped at a little shack outside of Little Rock and decided to get a sandwich. Mistake. Dry, dry, dry.. so dry they drowned it in sauce and slaw. Not a bad smoke flavor and chopped instead of pulled but freaking dry. It reminded me if the time I took pp to my daughter's tailgate party. My pork was beside a restaurant brand. One of the players took some of the store bought but I asked him to try a bite of mine just to see what he thought. After finishing he screamed out "that **** is juicy as hell". My favorite compliment to date. Do any of you chop your pulled pork?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    No chopping here. Never saw the point. I like mine pulled and the ideal way for me is to have big, chunky pieces. Don't like it pulled into shreds either. Picky? Yes I am. Just ask SHMBO.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Make that SWMBO,
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,741
    I chop it sometimes...but I am in NC. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 18,446
    theres a place near me that thin slices and then roughly chops, i like it from time to time when im on the road that way. i dont ever remember getting it as a sandwich though, its usually piled in a plate and i pour beans over it
  • wbradkingwbradking Posts: 238
    Sometimes I chop mine.  That way you get a bite of bark every time.
    Franklin, TN Large BGE
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,076
    I chop when I make Carolina style BBQ. Real Carolina style, not that weird Lexington stuff ;)

It's typically for "whole hog" BBQ so you get bits of skin in each bite. When I do it, I use a picnic shoulder so I have the skin.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,865
    I have always pulled when I make butts or picnics.  I guess I thought chopped was for when people didn't cook it long enough to pull.  I have had chopped from a whole hog cook and it definitely seemed like it was still a little too firm to pull...if I had to guess around 180 degrees.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,613
    I like to pull it into pieces about as thick as my thumb, so the bites are a bit chunky. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,263
    The very first real BBQ that I ever had was Carolina style and chopped so I like to do mine that way every now and then.  But 9 out of 10 times, we just pull it and give a coarse chop (3 to 4 times each way).

You think that little shack's sandwich was bad?  We went to Six Flags Over Georgia this weekend and we paid $14.99 each for a crock pot style pulled pork sandwich drowning in sauce, fries and a coke.  It was the worst AND most expensive pulled pork sandwich I've had.  That said, it looks like it beat the chicken strips my son got. 
    Knoxville, TN