Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Knob Creek Maple Smoked warning.

Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,448
edited March 2014 in Off Topic
I like trying different bourbons. So when I saw this I couldn't resist, I mean I really like Woodford Double Oak and really like Woodford that has been oak smoked at a local restaurant. The Knob Creek Maple Smoke tasted like it should go on pancakes or something. I really think they added maple syrup rather than maple smoke. Buyers beware cause you have been warned. If you like a bourbon taste and are not crazy about sweet stay away and keep your money in you pocket

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
·

Comments

• tkleagertkleager Posts: 517
    I feel the same way about Crown Maple.  If I wanted to eat a pancake, I would eat a pancake.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Agreed the crown maple was pancake worthy. The wife did like it with coke though,

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,141
    tkleager said:

I feel the same way about Crown Maple.  If I wanted to eat a pancake, I would eat a pancake.

Have it with pancakes. Oh yeah.
    ·
  • NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 144
    I like my whiskey/ bourbon to taste like whiskey/ bourbon, I don't need maple flavor or anything else in it.
    HFX NS
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 770
    So @Mattman3969 how is it on pancakes and waffles?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,816
    Kinda like Tennessee Honey, nice for flavor in BBQ sauce, but just not JD. Thanks for the heads up!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,337
    Warning: I just finished a bottle of the single barrel. Tasted good...nice and smooth....120 proof. My head hurts and I'm not sure where I am this morning.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,227
    Go for Old Grand Dad 114 proof. Smooth and priced fairly. Also - will cause morning headaches and a loss of inhibitions. 
    Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 680
    If you want maple finish like it's supposed to be, try Collingwood. It's Canadian. But it is smooth.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,252
    Sounds unfit to drink but like it would be useful in a BBQ sauce or pan sauce. 
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,448
    It was a learning experience. !/2 a bottle left behind for the cleaning crew because I wasn't going to chance it coming open in our luggage.

Thanks for the tip @GQuiz

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 432
    @SmokeyPitt thanks for the warning!image
    image.jpg 1.8M

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • Angus1978Angus1978 Posts: 226
    Thanks for the info. I doubt I'd like that stuff. I'll stick with regular bourbon
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
    ·