Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Wyoming Weather and the BGE

I am thankful for all the post on the forum that helped me decide on the BGE and all the tips/suggestions to help with problems. I live in NE Wyoming and Barbecuing is often challenging due to weather, be it extreme cold or high winds. Both frequently happen simultaneously. Gassers are challenging and other charcoal BBQ's are near impossible unless you want to eat large amounts of ash that cover the food. It seems like the wind is always the worst when one wants to cook outdoors. The BGE makes cooking outdoors in subzero temps and wind possible. Most barbecuing devices immediately lose all heat when putting food on or when checking/turning foods(not the BGE). My biggest challenge is actually getting the egg started in the wind. I use starter blocks and they're hard to get going in the wind. Once lit, it's all down hill, even when cooking below zero. I'm not an extravagant cook, but love a burger or steak off the grill and the BGE is the only way to go in the harsh environment of Wyoming. Friends cannot believe that I can actually cook outdoors by fire in the winter. Anyway, just warned to thank everyone that contributes to the forum.
Wyoming

Comments