Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Lawn mowers/tractors

2»

Comments

• Cub cadet ZTR 42" deck...average size yard ..it's very overkill but we also mow my dad's and MIL
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I have a Husqvarna YTH 2348 for my yard and 2 acres of open space behind our house.  If I had to do it all over again, I would get a zero turn that travels closer to 7 MPH instead of the 5 MPH mine does. 

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    I have Scott rider with a 48" deck, built by John Deere I guess the same as their Sabre line.  It is about 12 years old and been mostly trouble free, last year I had to replace a bent spindle on the deck.  Took it to the local dealer in the spring, took 3 weeks to get back.  The grass was growing so I used my 21" John Deere walk behind mower to mow 2+ acres for three weeks.  I bought the walk behind with when we bought our first house in 1986, only replaced the blades and spark plugs every few years aluminum decks are worth the extra cost.

Gerhard

• Deere 125 and a Honda push mower here.  The Deere allow more time to egg.  The Honda takes care of too much egging.
  • John Deere zero turn Z245 with a 48 inch deck.

Love it. Using it for last four years and still runs like a champ.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited March 2014
    A coworker/parents neighbor said their mower was all mine if I could get it running. They said the transmission was stuck and they couldn't get it out of their shed. The reason why it stayed in the shed and never worked on. Eventually ended up getting buried under junk and forgotten about. After clearing a pathway and removing the junk surrounding it my dad was able to get his utility tractor bucket under the rear garden tractor tires. Didn't want to wreck the transmission by pulling it out so we had to more less lift it out by it's back end. It was quite the scene driving it back to my parents house. My two rear tires were in my dads utility tractor bucket lifted off the ground while my two front tires were still on the ground so I could steer. A little redneck but it worked. Once back at my parents house we dumped the old oil, replaced the battery, cleaned the distributor caps, and added some fresh gas. Turned the key and she fired right up. Sweet! Once it was running the transmission lever in the rear unlocked and we were able to get it to roll and engage with the transmission. We gave it a much needed bath and a quick wax job. I've owned over 3 years now and never had an issue with it. It's been a great little mower.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Toro Z-Master with Turbo Force deck with 48" cut with 23HP Kawasaki.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    My mower is as green as my egg... It's a JD X300 and I keep my grass like carpet.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

500 Posts: 3,177
    KennyLee said:
    Toro 22" self-propelled.  I'm on my second one and the first one lasted about a decade or a little more.  Has been a pretty good machine for me.  Average size yard and mow very often from April-October or so. 
    Which flavor of Toro?  Looking to upgrade from the standard Craftsman pusher.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    I have an old Gilson that cuts the grass, then I have 2.5 Cub Cadet 102's (the .5 is for parts), a Cub Cadet 147, and a Cub Cadet 149...I have a garden tractor problem and an Egg problem.
  • gerhardk
    I have been thinking if my 21 " Deere dies that I would replace it with a 30" Toro.

Gerhard
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    500 said:
    KennyLee said:
    Toro 22" self-propelled.  I'm on my second one and the first one lasted about a decade or a little more.  Has been a pretty good machine for me.  Average size yard and mow very often from April-October or so. 
    Which flavor of Toro?  Looking to upgrade from the standard Craftsman pusher

Both have been the Personal Pace Recycler 6.5 HP.  Always starts quick and mulches great.  I'll normally get it serviced every other year.  I've been really happy with them. 

I had a Craftsman once and hated it, not because it was a bad mower, but it was front wheel drive which makes maneuverability a chore. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Snapper ZTR.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    I use a scag tiger cub with a 48" deck. Six years ago when we moved into our house I thought I was going to use and old 38" craftsman mower threw the first summer. So I could get a deal on an end of the year model in the fall. After cutting the grass twice with the old rider I was like screw this and went 8 miles down the road to the scag dealer and I was on the mower an hour later. We have 1.6 acres and it normally takes about 1.25 hours to cut it. Second best money ever spent only the egg tops it.
  • tarheelmatt
    @Firemanyz‌, Scags are awesome machines and built like tanks. My top three mowers are Toro, Exmark, and Scag. Though Toro and Exmark are basically the same though.
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    52 inch ExMark zero turn and a 14 year old son to run it while I Egg.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Honda 22" self propelled mulching mower.  Have had it for 15 years and it is still running strong.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Toro Timecutter. Awesome mower for me.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566

I just posted in the other thread. I put a Johnny Plow Jr on my Deere this year and boy was it a smart move. More snow then I can ever remember having.

500 Posts: 3,177
    4Runner said:
    Toro Timecutter. Awesome mower for me.
    The Timecutter looks like the right machine for me.  Love the idea of saving mowing time, to use for Egging and Adult beverage drinking time.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • gerhardk
    The Timemaster is on my short list for replacement of my walk behind the other is a Honda HHR2169VYC.  

Gerhard 
  • tarheelmatt
    Zero turns can cut mowing times in half or more depending on what you get and the widths.  With extra sharp blades and clean deck I can cut cleanly at full stick in moderate height grass.  If you're cutting grass up to your knees, no, that will not work, but if you keep to the cut often you can cut at full sticks.  For me that is around 10mph.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • KingtUT
    KingtUT Posts: 157
    61" zero turn Snapper Pro with a 36 hp motor. Bought it last year and so far I really like it. I cut roughly 5 acres with it.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I have a 7 year old Cub Cadet 46" cut zero turn tractor with s Koller motor. Love it and wouldn't want go with out it.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • tarheelmatt
    Bump... 

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site