Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Took a shot at turbo ribs today

I am officially a convert...3 racks of baby backs mustard and a mixture of several rubs I had left in the pantry. Cooked close to two hours at 350, used a mixture of peach chunks and cherry chips for smoke. Finished with Blues Hog 50/50...my Significant other said best ribs yet and I am inclined to agree.....no more foil, no more 3/X/X rib cooks for me...image
Large BGE Middletown, MD

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 6,384
    Welcome to the fast lane!!! Those look great and nicely executed!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    So nice to eat ribs in a couple hours after lighting the egg... Nicely done.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• DMWDMW Posts: 9,264
    Nice... Have a 3 pack in the freezer. Will try turbo next time. Haven't had the balls to change what has worked.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser
  • fusionhqfusionhq Posts: 1,648
    Is that 350 at dome or at the grid? In putting two racks on now!
  • chainsaw19chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    350 grid level
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    fusionhq said:

Is that 350 at dome or at the grid? In putting two racks on now!

@fusionhq‌ for the most part when someone here mentions temp without specifying they mean dome.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser
  • fusionhqfusionhq Posts: 1,648
    That's what I figured. Thanks!
    OK, I'm wrong. I thought turbo was 350* dome, ignore grid temp? I guess aprox 25* doesn't really matter as long as you do bend and/or toothpick test.
    Morgantown, PA

I should have specified, I had probe clipped to the grate, just forgot to say that.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • 500500 Posts: 2,183
    So on the Turbo (Nitro) ribs; yes they are done with the bend test, but how long did yours take?
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • RRPRRP Posts: 18,966
    welcome to the turbo club! It is both turbo butts and turbo ribs for me and I haven't gone back to low & slow in 2 years now! No need to!
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    2 hours I sauced and put back on for a few but they were definitely done at 2 hours
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • 500500 Posts: 2,183
    Thanks Saw, that gives me a window to shoot for next time.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."