Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I cooked 1,406 chicken halves today

My kids go to a tiny private school here in our little town. We might have 200 students in K3 - 12th grade. Every year we have a chicken q and auction as a fundraiser. This year I was asked to help with the cook. 

My son and I got there at 7AM this morning. Of course we couldn't cook that many chickens on a BGE so we had a nice covered charcoal pit. We were putting 80 chickens on a rack. They were salt and peppered and while they were cooking they were sprayed with a mixture of cooking oil and white vinegar. ( I had never tried that before).

It took us until 2:30 this afternoon to get them all cooked, but we made it. When I got home I was tired, sunburned, and pretty much covered with chicken juice. I jumped in the shower and then asked my wife what we were having for dinner. You will never guess her reply. Well you guys will I am sure.Yep she wanted grilled chicken! 

I will be honest I didn't feel up to another round, but I headed out the to the store and picked up some chicken and lamb chops. I cooked them up on the egg and of course and they were delicious. 

Ribeyes will go on tomorrow.  All in all a tiring but very fun day. My jaw hurts from laughing!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's

Comments