Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Trucks

13»

Comments

• Chip, I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Nissan Titan is highly underrated. I've owned Fords all my life and bought a Titan because of the deal I got on it in 09. Wouldnt trade it for the world. Best truck I've ever owned. Maybe not as popular as the ithers, but a workhorse that's built to last.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    The Ford Eco-Boost is great. I Have one in my explorer; who does not love 360 hp and paddle-shifting? My dad has a 2011 FX4, it is a great truck, and looks like darth vader. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    edited December 2013
    I've owned 2 Chevys and a 1 dodge. The dodge was great at first but eventually fell apart. The 2010 Chevy I have now is the best truck I've owned. I'll bet the Toyotas are good too but gas mileage sucks on those compared to the others. Never owned a Ford because I don't like the way they look. Oh, a Chevy motor will outlast any truck on the market.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965

get yourself a ford or two or three they will end up breaking but fix them and build something cooler. if you looking to put miles on your truck get a Toyota

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Alphonse
    Alphonse Posts: 80
    edited December 2013
    My truck is better than your truck.  :)>-
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • Working for Cummins Diesel selling heavy duty engines and parts I've seen my fair share of awesome trucks and even a handful of trucks with over a million miles on their diesel engines and still running strong.  I've driven and worked on just about every brand truck their is (even Macks, FLer, Internationals, etc.) so I think I have a little knowledge, and not bias towards diesels as I currently drive a F-350 with the V-10 w/ 347k miles on it that I haul engines with across 4 states. 

You really can't go wrong with any new truck your going to find in America today.  They all have their own positives and negatives you just have to get out there and test drive a few.  That being said if you are interested in getting a diesel I would stick with a cummins, and I would wait for the Nissan Titan/Cummins ISV 5.0.  Thats right folks! This is going to be an extremely popular truck, and if your looking for the reliability of a foreign truck manufacturer, and the legendary diesel power of Cummins Inc. then you might want to give this a try. 

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/consumer/163_1310_cummins_isv_5_0_turbo_diesel_first_look/

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited December 2013

Alphonse said:
    My truck is better than your truck.  :)>-

• Eggcelsior
    Let's get this party started!
  • Started out hauling my horse with a 62 Cheve long bed.  Hauled HS band instruments with very worn 80 Ford 1/4 ton long bed and hauled bicycles with a 94 Dakota.  All good trucks...the one thing in common to all were they were working trucks, no create comforts and all lasted well over 100, 000 without a mechanical problem. Wish i had anyone of them back.  
    If i were to buy a truck today would be either the Ford 150 or the Tundra with all the bells whistles and creature comforts,  but I think the other half wants to replace his Z4 with another BMW.  (If i can convince him to buy a X3 BMW I will trade my MDX for a truck.)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The tranny went out in my 07 Chevy 1500 last night. $1400 rebuild.

I'll be buying a new truck very soon.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior
    Started out hauling my horse with a 62 Cheve long bed.  Hauled HS band instruments with very worn 80 Ford 1/4 ton long bed and hauled bicycles with a 94 Dakota.  All good trucks...the one thing in common to all were they were working trucks, no create comforts and all lasted well over 100, 000 without a mechanical problem. Wish i had anyone of them back.  
    If i were to buy a truck today would be either the Ford 150 or the Tundra with all the bells whistles and creature comforts,  but I think the other half wants to replace his Z4 with another BMW.  (If i can convince him to buy a X3 BMW I will trade my MDX for a truck.)
    Get a X6 M. Super dooper fun time. Relatively useless otherwise, SUV-wise.

Otherwise, an M3 convertible would be fun. M4 for the hardtop coupe.
  • . . . . . . . . .. I would wait for the Nissan Titan/Cummins ISV 5.0.  Thats right folks! This is going to be an extremely popular truck, and if your looking for the reliability of a foreign truck manufacturer, and the legendary diesel power of Cummins Inc. then you might want to give this a try. 

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/consumer/163_1310_cummins_isv_5_0_turbo_diesel_first_look/

It will be quite interesting.  It will still be a 1/2 ton truck, correct?  If so, it is too bad it will not have the capacity to pull a travel trailer with the back end full of stuff as well.  One needs a 3/4 ton diesel truck for that purpose.  BTW, even the famous F150 Ecoboost, which will pull >11,000 pounds, is still a 1/2 ton truck and the carrying capacity of the truck is mostly used up when you drop a 1000 pounds of tongue weight on to the truck.  (BTW, tongue weight on it is limited to 1000 lbs and requires a weight distributing hitch.)
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • The way the EPA has screwed up the diesels of today I don't see this Nissan being that popular anytime soon …even if its a cummins.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The Ford Powerstroke 7.3 was the best motor...until as @Loosemoose said...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Jonnysouth
    Jonnysouth Posts: 162
    Just to update...I pulled the trigger on a Tundra last night...looking forward to many good years ahead!!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Mickey said:
    Hope you are keeping that LC. Wished I had kept one from 1969.
    Wish I had my '77.  Looked exactly like this one, except I had a red light on the hood since I was a volunteer firefighter.   Jeeze, I thought it was expensive then, but I didn't pay $30K for it.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=644.2&aid=403

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys